A Strongwoman's W30 log

Starting my W30 today. I have been eating more or less Primal for the past 3 years, but have gained quite a bit of weight over the past year or so. I usually eat wild boar, venison, grass-fed beef, grocery store chicken and turkey and eggs from my own chickens, coconut oil, ghee, veggies, avocado and nuts and nut butter. My regular ‘cheats' are cheese (lots of it) full fat sour cream, heavy whipping cream in my coffee, regular butter, dry red wine and 90% dark chocolate, with an occasional bowl of ice cream with hot fudge (once or twice a month). I eat a lot of roasted veggies (when I'm in a veggie eating mood)

I need to figure out where my dietary weaknesses are, and to dial in my eating. I think nuts and nut butter are a problem for me.

Also started Strong(wo)man training last week for my first contest, which is in late August, so eating to get stronger and build muscle is key for me.

So far today:

BF: Venison burger with mayo and mustard

L: venison taco meat with salsa and roasted brussel sprouts

S: big spoon of cashew butter

I'm planning to make venison/veggie meatballs for dinner (with lots extra for lunch this week)

Do you detect a theme? I have a freezer full of primal deer meat and plan to use it a lot during my W30.

finished up last night with ham and olive roll ups, boring but expedient.

Feeling a little foggy today, but I'm sure it will pass quickly. I'm using a tool called PaleoTrack to keep up with my intake, here's where I am so far today:

3 large Egg, whole, cooked, scrambled

10 sprout Brussels sprouts, cooked, boiled, drained, with salt

2 tsp Oil, coconut

4 oz Chicken, broilers or fryers, breast, meat only, cooked, roasted

3 cup Fast foods, salad, vegetable, tossed, without dressing

10 small Olives, ripe, canned (small-extra large)

2 tablespoon Oil, olive, salad or cooking

2 tbsp Vinegar, balsamic

1 large Egg, whole, cooked, hard-boiled

2 tbsp Nuts, cashew butter, plain, with salt added

Oh, and I overslept for the past two nights, I never do that!

Archived