Whole30 Complete! 4/2/13 (5lbs down and no headaches!, husband down 15lbs!)

yogi_mommie

My husband and I finished our Whole30 yesterday, April 2nd! Seriously, I want to shout it from the rooftops, cause I feel freakin' amazing!

We started this journey for a few reasons.

1) I was having chronic daily headaches (more than 15/month) plus 3-4 migraines a month. Seeing a neurologist and going to physical therapy twice a week. It wasn't helping.

2) Hubby wanted to lose weight, but couldn't seem to get it off.

Background: I've been playing around with Paleo since July of 2012 and would be on the wagon for a month, then off. Then on again and always felt best when eating Paleo. I knew this could help me ditch the grains and dairy as well as help hubby lose some weight. I always saw people in the community talking about Whole30 and thought it was crazy...unobtainable. But I knew it would be beneficial!

So here we are....30 days later. Tons of time spent in the kitchen but reaping the benefits of a healthier lifestyle. I've had ONE headache in 30 days (damn PMS) and lost 5 lbs (127 to 122) and hubby lost 15 POUNDS! He's had enough energy to work out 6 days a week (5 days of weights and 1 day of cardio).

I couldn't be happier with what we've accomplished in our Whole30. And we're not done yet. Today is day 31 of being on plan. We feel so great, we see no need to stop here. As of right now, we don't know how many days we'll go. But don't plan on veering off unless it's something extraordinary that we MUST eat.

I hope people will read this and realize they CAN do this. My husband went from a SAD diet and did this cold turkey (granted I made every meal, lol). But it's totally mental. He was so strong! I was too, and it feels so good to accomplish something this challenging.

Archived