I'm hot. Not "hot", but HOT!

jocelyninoregon

OK, I'm on Day 21 of my first Whole30 and doing really well overall. I didn't have a real big Sugar Dragon to slay - I mainly started this because I was already gluten-free, but still didn't feel good. Gut, joints, hormones, etc. I'm happy to say that I feel pretty fantastic so far... except I'm hot.

I'm 35 and have been on b/c pills for the last year for ovarian cysts and to regulate my cycle. My period came early in my pill cycle (about eight days into the Whole30) and was bad - bad cramps and longer than usual for being on the pill. I've decided to stay off the pill for a few months and see if my body can heal and regulate itself.

But, I'm hot. Like fan-yourself-when-you're-sitting-still hot. And burning up when I'm running outside with a breeze on my face. (It was an unusually warm day for spring in Oregon, but not hot by any stretch of the imagination and I was carrying and drank water.) I usually sweat buckets when I exercise. But I'm not sweating when I'm hot just sitting still and I'm not sweating nearly as much as I usually do in work-outs

So, I guess my question is: Anyone else experience anything similar? Did it even out? Are you sweating "normally" again? Any ideas?

(As for food, I'm sticking to the meal templates for protein and eating a fist size portion of a starchy veg - usually a sweet potato - at least twice per day with plenty of fat, mainly ghee, olive oil or avocados. I love FAT!)

Hi Hot Jocelyn!

When my hormones are out of wack I will get crazy 'bouts of hotness. Like lie on the cold tiled battroom floor with minimal clothes on type of hotness. Usually it accompanies a migraine. And it's all about hormones going wonky. It does even out eventually though - but if you have years to recover from crazy wonky hormones it will take some time. I am learning this.

On another note, I used to sweat buckets too! Now I don't as much - I get a nice skin glow going but don't get drenched like I used to. Not sure why this is anymore - I've dropped weight and am now excersising semi-regularly now so I assumed that is what it was.

Archived