Started 14 days ago...oops...didn't think about doing the forum until now!

cavemanDAD

I feel like a complete idiot. I am on Day 14 of my Whole 30 challenge. I didn't even think about doing the forum and keeping in touch people until today.

I feel great on the Whole30. I have even been keeping a personal blog about the Whole 30 Challenge to help influence my friends and family. I wrestled with doing the Whole30 for months. I thought that it was "crazy" and that "I knew better!" Again...I feel like a complete idiot.

I have done many different diets, cleanses, programs, fads, etc, and NONE OF THEM ever taught me to eat for LIFE.

This is a LIFESTYLE. You have to be willing to change. Forget about the physical stuff associated with the Whole 30 for a moment. Think about how it has changed you MENTALLY. I think clearer. I am not in a fog, watching television and zoning out. My mind is sharp. I struggle with anxiety and I have not even had one attack.

Few learning curves:

1. Am I eating enough? This has been so hard to figure out. With all of those calculators out there, I need to eat around 2,800 to 3,000 calories per day. (I am a 6 foot, 34 year old male, weighing 247 lbs, 21.8% body fat, and no I have not stepped on a scale since April 1st!) I know I am not eating that much each and every day. Is this bad? Am I doing something wrong???
  2. Pre-and Post-workout meals? I feel like I need to eat after working out and I feel sluggish if I don't eat an hour before working out. That means I am "eating" 5-6 times per day. I thought we were only supposed to do 3 meals a day.
  3. What is considered dessert? Can I have an apple or banana or berries after dinner? Can I have some more protein or maybe kale chips. This goes back to my first question because the days that I work out, I feel hungry even an hour after dinner.

I am so excited to connect with everyone. This is going to be great. Almost half way done, and I feel like I may want to go longer. Thank you for showing me and all of us the way!

Hi Welcome, have you read the meal template http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf If you're working out you'll see you can have pre and post workout food as well as your regular meals. Follow the template it's your friend.

Also following the meal template totally does away with the need to work out how many calories you're eating a day. Calories are pretty meaningless when it comes to nourishing your body. Just think did your grand parents and great grandparents generation count calories? Or did they just eat good wholesome food?

If you're eating enough at your meals you shouldn't feel hungry afterwards so you may want to play about with how much you're eating, increase it if you need to. Now, when it comes to dessert this is one of the way the W30 gets you to change mentally, eat a good nourishing meal and forget about desert. there is nothing wrong with having fruit occasionally as long as it's not pushing vegeatables off your plate but try having it with a meal to break the dessert mindset.

Anyway glad you found your way here and any more questions don't hesitate to ask. good luck

Welcome to the forum!

1. Am I eating enough? This has been so hard to figure out. With all of those calculators out there, I need to eat around 2,800 to 3,000 calories per day. (I am a 6 foot, 34 year old male, weighing 247 lbs, 21.8% body fat, and no I have not stepped on a scale since April 1st!) I know I am not eating that much each and every day. Is this bad? Am I doing something wrong???

There is only one way to answer this one my friend, and that is with a question. Are you hungry? If you are eating enough, and following the template, you won't feel hungry after your meals...or for quite some time after your meals! Finding yourself hungry an hour later means you likely need to add more fat or protein to that meal.

Archived