Social life

How do you all deal with friends inviting you out to dinner or drinks? I live in a super small town where those are the only things to do!! I was suggesting going to the park a few times, but that got old and friends are no longer on board for that. Any ideas or suggestions?

I'm on Day 18 and have survived multiple social engagements without going off of my Whole30 (I have even survived all the Easter chocolate!). I either eat before I go or plan what I am going to eat when I get there and order the best choice I can make (even if it is a salad with a grilled chicken breast). I also order a club soda with lime so I feel like I'm having a drink with everyone else (although I would really love a glass of wine or gin and tonic!). I've been keeping my end goal in mind and realizing giving up at this point would just is not worth it after I've already gotten over the carb flu, low energy, etc. Hope that helps!

I just moved to a new town and it seems like the easiest way to make friends is going to a bar. The first time I went out when I was on the Whole30 everyone was wondering why I wasn't drinking but quickly got over it as the evening went on. Club soda with lime is my go to now.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, not drinking at bars works pretty well usually, so in those cases, I just go along and don't drink, or get a soda water or something. Going to the park works. Going to movies is good. Inviting people over (or to meet up somewhere) to play board or cardgames is nice. Day trips can be fun, with proper planning -- we had some fun "drive out to a state park" days. One time I convinced some friends to go fossil hunting with me, and it was a total blast.

Archived