Tired and frustrated

I am on day 16 of my first w30 and have been really sticking to it. I am really enjoying all the food; however, I am very tired, not sleeping well, and my skin, which I did not have a problem with before, has completely broken out! I am so discouraged! If I hadn't promised myself I would do 30 days no matter what, I definitely would give up. Any suggestions? thanks for some help!

Sorry you're feeling so rough. The first thing I would try to tackle is the sleep issue. Getting a good night's sleep makes a whale of a difference. What helped me was making sure I stopped eating about 3 hours before bed, religiously turning off TV and computer, all screens at least an hour before I want to go to sleep. Reading quietly for a bit seems to help too. Have the temperature in the bedroom as cool as possible and block out as much light as is humanly possible, that includes not having illuminated clocks etc. Many people take Natural Calm (unflavoured) at night to help with sleep. It's not available over here so I take another brand of magnesium. I also find taking a slow release melatonin supplement at night can be helpful in establishing a good sleep pattern.

It can't be pleasant to have your skin breaking out but skin is the body's biggest organ so if you're body is using the improved diet as a chance to 'clean up' it often seems to do this through the skin. Providing you haven't started eating something you're allergic too, i'm sure it'll clear up soon. Some people feel staying super hydrated helps with this. So hang in there, I'm sure by the end of 30 days you'll be feeling much better - good luck

Archived