Anyone start on March 20 and still going? I am on day 39.

JamieM

Day 90!! Congratulations. That is huge. And you should be really proud of yourself.

The last few days I have been missing things. Have you? I won't go into the list. Lol. I am going to make mayo tonight. That will help. And I splurged and had a larabar. I only bought 1 so that is a step in the right direction. I can tell that I still have a lot of good triggers. But also I can honestly say that when I get a craving for something really non-compliant I can easily counter that thought with one about how much better I feel. I think this is key. And definitely something I've gained after 30 days.

That's exciting that you have family coming. Will you cook all your new meals for them?

Happy Eating!!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Almcc,

I saw the Larabars in the store the other day and I have had them before but not in several years so I have been able to avoid them during this Whole100. I remember them being quite good. I will probably cook a few meals for my family but they love to eat out and they love to eat Thai food so we will probably go to a few Thai restaurants. I am going to enjoy eating some good Thai and not get too bent out of shape over not being compliant. I go through periods of craving different things but right now I am content. I did make it to the gym last night and felt good about that so that was a good thing. I still need to ramp that up a lot! Had some chicken and sweet potatoes for breakfast. Good stuff!

JamieM

Hey Everyone,

Day 93 today. 7 days from my goal. I feel like a pro by now. As far as the chicken Almcc, I made a large batch of the grilled best chicken you will ever eat recipe and so I just heated that up quickly and sautéed the sweet potato in a little coconut oil with salt and pepper. Nothing too fancy. I actually like to get my sweet potato a little brown because I love the way it tastes and crunches. I had a large salad today and had just about dumped a scoop of garbanzo beans on there before I realized what I was doing...old habits die hard! I am thinking the gym is in store for me today. I hope everyone is doing well!

JamieM

Hi

93 woohoo! Now only 6 more days! You are a pro. The chickens sounds great - I haven't made it yet. I love sweet potatoes that way. I eat them every morning.

I'm going away this weekend with friends and my dd. stressing about what to eat/bring. Think I will pick up some almond butter. Try as I might to avoid nuts - it's the easiest think in a pinch.

Heading off to the gym. Way to go in the workouts!!

Happy eating.

Hey Almcc,

I hope your weekend went well! Almond butter is better than noncompliant whatever so I say do what you have to do to keep yourself compliant. So far so good over here. I am so close to day 101 I can taste the ice cream....LOL! I am not going to go "food" wild on 101 but slowly introduce dairy in the form of cream or cheese and see how I do with that. I will add the ice cream in much later since that comes with a significant amount of sugar too. I still haven't decided if I am going to go gluten free or not...I know that gluten takes a long time to get out of your system and I really don't want to add it back in right now. The superficial research I have done on it says it may take up to 6 mos to get gluten out of your system. I really don't want to mess with that right now. But then I have visions of a warm french baguette with pastured butter and I get weak....LOL! I hope you are doing well!

Cheers,

JamieM

Day 101. I bet you cannot wait. I'm at day 90 - I am very excited.

I'm going to do the exact same. Cream and cheese. I will do gluten - because of the lovely baguettes in Paris. But I have decided to come back and start up right away. Maybe another whole 100.

Will you start a topic on the post-whole30 after you start to reintroduce? I hope so.

Happy eating!!!

Hello Everyone,

Yes it is day 100 today! I am so excited about my accomplishment! Almcc I will look for the reintroduction section and see if I can start a thread there. I too am thinking of doing another 100 in the near future. I think I will count back from Thanksgiving and see what a 100 days prior to that would be since that is such a "bad foods all around, all the time" time. Actually I just calculated it and if you wanted the 100th day to be on the 24th of November which is the Sunday before Thanksgiving then you would need to start on August 17th. I am going to eat some cream and cheese tomorrow after work and see what happens. I am pretty excited about it. I hope you are doing well, you are just around the corner from day 100! I will keep up with you on here as you approach day 100 and I will start a thread in the reintroduction section. Hope you are having a great day!

Cheers,

JamieM

ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Congratulations!!!

I will look for your thread. So excited to hear how it goes. Good luck.

I'm up for starting in August but would want to start a little earlier so I do reintros before thanksgiving. What do you think?

Happy Eating!

Hi Almcc,

Yes, I only gave us 3 days prior to Thanksgiving but we may need more time to do reintros. Perhaps August 1st? I just ate the Chipotle compliant meal with cheese and sourcream but nothing else different and so far so good. No tummy aches and no noticeable difference in energy levels thus far. I ate it about 2 hours ago now and that was my first off plan food. I can tell you that it felt really weird to be eating non-compliant. There was a bit of sadness that I broke my streak and can no longer add days to my Whole30 adventure. I know I can go back to it but it was a weird feeling and definitely a bit of sadness. I can tell you that the dairy wasn't as dreamy as I remember and in fact left a bit of a bitter aftertaste that I didn't remember having in that meal when it was compliant. This is definitely not something that I had noticed before removing dairy. We shall see if it continues. I had bloodwork done today to see the difference from the beginning of the Whole30 until now (I had bloodwork the first time about 9 days into my Whole30 but it looks at the past 3 months so there was plenty of non-compliant, bad, bad eathing in those results. These results will include only healthy eating. My blood pressure today was perfect (118/66) for the first time in a long time so that is a positive and my blood flowed more freely today than it did 3 months ago when we had to coax it out to fill the two vials. The nurse said that it could absolutely be due to the changes in my health. The bloodwork was fasting and completed prior to the noncompliant meal so I am really anxious to see the results. I hope you are doing well!

Cheers,

JamieM

August 1 is great.

Hope the dairy is treating you well.

I understand about the sadness. I think I will feel

it too. I'm very attached to this 100 day thing. My unwillingness to give up has made me think more creatively about how to eat - especially when I want to go off road or I'm craving something. It is a badge of honor. And you should be very proud of it!!!!

We will get back on August 1. That will give us about a month to see what's what and to enjoy family/vacation.

Let me know if you start a new thread.

Hey Almcc,

Looks like you found me over in reintroduction. Yes, I think a month off will be good and then go hard again in August. You are right, it is a badge of honor. Definitely expect to feel sadness though. I am still sad! You are almost finished! I will keep checking on you over here until you are done!

Cheers,

JamieM

Archived