Celiac - Fertility

MamaDrew

Hi, I did my first Whole30 in January and it went really well. Reintroduction did not go as well, I had a hard time figuring out what was bothering my stomach. Finally after being really sick I got to the doctor and just found out yesterday that I have Celiac Disease. I had already planned to start another Whole30 on May 1st and now I have another reason. I now have to be 100% Gluten-Free for the rest of my life. And I was researching Celiac I saw a lot on how many people still have symptoms even when they were gluten-free due to all of the processed gluten-free options that are out there. Even though they are gluten-free, they are processed and have other unhealthy ingredients. So my goal is to stay Paleo and try my best to avoid processed foods. Hopefully my symptoms will go away soon!!! During my first Whole30 it affected my menstral cycle quite a bit, I was very early. Now I am learning that Celiac can lead to infertility. I want to get pregnant so I am hoping that going gluten-free will help with those issues, but I'm a little worried about doing the Whole30 again and throwing my cycle off again.

Does anyone else out there have Celiac Disease? Have your symptoms cleared up with the Whole30?

And has anyone had issues with fertility and Celiac or just the Whole30?

Thanks!

I don't have diagnosed celiac, but as a general rule for myself, I avoid gluten likes its the plague...just not worth it. Celiac symptoms should almost certainly improve if not completely go away while on the whole 30 and maintaining a whole eating lifestyle. As far as fertility goes, whole 30 is one of the best things (IMHO) you can do to prep your body for pregnancy. Yes, the first cycle or two will be a little wacked but your hormones will re-balance and then your eggo should be preggo in no time. Hope that helps!

Archived