Waking up early

I'm on day 21 of my whole 30 and have a sleep question. During the week, I usually get about 8 hours of sleep which I feel is pretty good given my busy schedule. On the weekends, my plan is to sleep in some more and get an extra hour or 2 of sleep. I go to bed about an hour later than the week (11pm instead of 10 pm) and hope to sleep until 8 or 9. However, each morning I'm up around 7 and just can't fall back asleep. I'm still getting 8 hours of sleep, but I've read it can help to get over 9 sometimes. Is this anything I should be worried about? Does it really matter since I do get over 8 hours anyways?

I think listening to your body is key. If you feel rested, your body just may be saying it is time to get up!

I used to love sleeping in on the weekends. Since doing 2 whole30s and switching to primarily Paleo, I can't sleep in! I am ready to get up and start the day! It means my leptin is working :)

I'm on day 14 and for probably 10 or 11 days, I haven't been able to sleep past the sun coming up. I get up at 5:30 during the week and now on the weekends I can't sleep past 7. I feel your pain. It's frustrating to not be able to sleep. I've been combating the problem with midafternoon naps which are of course, delightful :)

Archived