Constant Bloating :(

Hi everyone,

Could you kindly lend me your wise nutritional minds? :)

I have been Paleo for about year now. I def eat no grains, legumes or processed foods. I do eat loads of fresh vegeatbles with every meal and lots of eggs, beef, chicken and fish, avocados, olives etc. My vices however have been red wine, coffee, dark chocolate and potato chips, though im cutting these out now for my whole 30. I also have trouble getting to sleep early, often not feeling tired until 11pm onwards then i cant wake up in morning!

I think i damaged my gut years ago when I was 'trying' to be healtheir and went vegetarian, ate tons of tofu, soy sauce, legumes and god knows what, also ive taken many antibiotics a few years ago. After i read Robb W's book i removed all gluten, wheat etc and it calmed down a lot but it never really went totally flat again.

At the moment it is becoming very distended after i eat (esp in the eve) to the point where i look 3 months pregnant! I have been told to cut out coffee and nuts (but i LOVE these so am little reluctant) can coffee really have such an effect? It doesnt bloat in the morning straight after coffee, but at the end of the day it does. I know Melissa and Dallas do mention this for IBS but i dont have ibs, I did when i was vegetarian, now i just have this severe bloating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Natalie

Nuts did it for me. When I stopped them, the bloat stopped, too. I ate them every. Single. Day. It was hard to quit, but well worth it! If I have some now, I can totally tell. Perhaps you can exclude them during your Whole30 and reintroduce them when you are done?

• 1 month later...

hi natalie - wondering if cutting out the nuts gave you the results you were hoping for? my sister is in the middle of her whole30 and is having the same problem - looking 3 months preggo after every meal (even meals without nuts). she has battled with IBS for along time, so that's different than your story, but just wonderin'...

After reading this, I'm going to cut out nuts too to see if it changes anything... I'm on week 3 but still feel bloated and pregnant looking a lot (and after eating). I don't eat nuts much but Larabars have snuck in a few times :(

Archived