just a question

healthyAbby

So I have a friend who would be interested in doing the whole 30, but there's a bit of a "catch" so to speak, she's allergic to meat proteins. She can eat fish, but worries about the mercury content, and she can also eat eggs. I was thinking that she would do the vegetarian whole 30 plan... with the addition of eggs and fish. would that be right? Thanks

So I have a friend who would be interested in doing the whole 30, but there's a bit of a "catch" so to speak, she's allergic to meat proteins. She can eat fish, but worries about the mercury content, and she can also eat eggs. I was thinking that she would do the vegetarian whole 30 plan... with the addition of eggs and fish. would that be right? Thanks

Unfortunately not. If she is able and willing to eat eggs and seafood she is better off doing a standard whole30. This will get her the best results. We don't really want people mixing and matching the shopping lists.

Mercury content is only a big issue with the large fish, there are still lots of types of seafood that she could eat: http://www.foodauthority.nsw.gov.au/consumers/life-events-and-food/pregnancy/fish-and-mercury-faqs/#.U41LBy_ley4

From the site:

The following fish have low mercury levels and are also high in omega-3 fatty acids:

• Mackerel
  • Silver Warehou
  • Atlantic Salmon
  • Canned salmon & canned tuna in oil
  • Herrings
  • Sardines

Other seafood with low mercury levels include:

• All prawns, lobsters and bugs
  • All squids and octopus
  • Snapper
  • Salmon and trout
  • Trevally