MeadowLily

Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

3706 posts in this topic

Recovery Warrior.

Create your positive food management plan that you can live with for the rest of your life. Consistency for the Big WIN.

I'm in a battle. I go back to the well for war strategies.

Anti-aging, plus size and overfat. Them's fighting words. Winston wouldn't put up with that for a micro or macro second. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Tear Down That Wall.

No one would pick Winston over without engaging in a battle of words. Oooo, there's many others who could rally me on. 

Trickery Triggery. My greatest area of weakness.

This all started because of dieting. Once I left home, I started reading all of those womens magazines for body inspiration. Big mistake. Huge.

I began dieting followed by overcompensation movement. Secret eating. Binge and thrill eating. 

I didn't know how to cook for crying outloud. I bought all kinds of multi-crap and lived that way for years. I messed up my satiety cues with daily insulin excursions.

I can't manage gummy bears, HFCS and sugar sugars. Not in moderation, not in single bites, not for a day. It results in giant month hunks of lost time.

I'm fighting a battle and it has nothing to do with weight loss.

Winston...WWWD? He'd probably look me directly in the eye and say

going-through-hell.jpg

Recovery Warrior.

Can you tell when someone is pulling the wool over your eyes. Discernment is a gift.

The body and brain are absolute wool pulling pros. They're quite a pairing and they like to work in patterns and dull, boring routines.  By rote, remote control, unconscious.

Mix it all UP. Consistently. Seems like an oxymoron but the greatest and widest variety of whole foods = WINNING.

It's a balancing act to take the tiger out of the cage 3 X day without mixing it UP with your food triggers. At the same time, eating the widest variety of whole foods.

I can manage whole foods. I cannot manage those deliberately engineered to be craved chemical sheetstorm creations.

That's it in a nutshell and not the whole bushel.

Why do I have an enduring love for Winston.

Because he was a forward thinker.

"Where my reason, imagination or interest were not engaged, I would not or I could not learn."

Keep doing what you've always done and you will get what you've always gotten.

"Never give in. Never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense.  Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."

187ff667af78a828136e2c4fac7cbe2b449cc32a

Compliant without complaint is not overrated.