Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recovery Warrior.

Create your positive food management plan that you can live with for the rest of your life. Consistency for the Big WIN.

I'm in a battle. I go back to the well for war strategies.

Anti-aging, plus size and overfat. Them's fighting words. Winston wouldn't put up with that for a micro or macro second. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Tear Down That Wall.

No one would pick Winston over without engaging in a battle of words. Oooo, there's many others who could rally me on. 

Trickery Triggery. My greatest area of weakness.

This all started because of dieting. Once I left home, I started reading all of those womens magazines for body inspiration. Big mistake. Huge.

I began dieting followed by overcompensation movement. Secret eating. Binge and thrill eating. 

I didn't know how to cook for crying outloud. I bought all kinds of multi-crap and lived that way for years. I messed up my satiety cues with daily insulin excursions.

I can't manage gummy bears, HFCS and sugar sugars. Not in moderation, not in single bites, not for a day. It results in giant month hunks of lost time.

I'm fighting a battle and it has nothing to do with weight loss.

Winston...WWWD? He'd probably look me directly in the eye and say

going-through-hell.jpg

Recovery Warrior.

Can you tell when someone is pulling the wool over your eyes. Discernment is a gift.

The body and brain are absolute wool pulling pros. They're quite a pairing and they like to work in patterns and dull, boring routines.  By rote, remote control, unconscious.

Mix it all UP. Consistently. Seems like an oxymoron but the greatest and widest variety of whole foods = WINNING.

It's a balancing act to take the tiger out of the cage 3 X day without mixing it UP with your food triggers. At the same time, eating the widest variety of whole foods.

I can manage whole foods. I cannot manage those deliberately engineered to be craved chemical sheetstorm creations.

That's it in a nutshell and not the whole bushel.

Why do I have an enduring love for Winston.

Because he was a forward thinker.

"Where my reason, imagination or interest were not engaged, I would not or I could not learn."

Keep doing what you've always done and you will get what you've always gotten.

"Never give in. Never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense.  Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."

187ff667af78a828136e2c4fac7cbe2b449cc32a

Compliant without complaint is not overrated.

When you have a thought let it gooooo. Or not.

Universe. Tear down that wall.

Time to get rid of all plus size sections in the stores. What's good for the goose and Winston is good enough for me and others.

I'm sooo sorry, Winston, but we have to usher you on over to the men's plus size section. Can you imagine.

Never judge a book by its cover. Ever.

I have to go shopping now.

They say the reason our phones and handy dandy devices sound female, we perceive female voices as being helpful without being too authoritarian.patpat-dance-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1

Research reveals there's a greater acceptance of the female voice. They come across as helpful while allowing us to still be the boss of our devices. 

You choose. You decide.

Companies have surveyed a broad range of customers and they choose the female voice for branding. Now they're working on custom voice interfaces. I'm hoping for  Snoopy and Woodstock voices, an extra special kind of friendly with laughter. 

fahrschalter_en.jpg

Master Controllers:

Highly reactive Master Controllers don't take into consideration the long-term effects of what they say and do to others.

They want control at any price. Of you.

They can't control any area of their life so they want to control yours.

Their unconscious mind is always running the show and they want to run your mind, too. There's a huge difference between responding and reacting. Master Controllers try to control every circumstance and outcome.

Addiction = Being attracted to Master Controllers like moths to the flame. Enabling each other.The Master Controller is destructive to the addict.

The Pusher for the Food Addict can be anyone. Your family, friends, coworkers, anyone. Your mate.

Recovery is setting yourself free from being controlled by the Master. Healthy boundaries must be imposed.

Until you get yourself free, you will continue to attract master controllers. The outward packaging will change but it will be the same stronghold of control all over again.

You'll know. You'll know. They're highly reactive and their favorite phrase is how everything pi$$'s them off.

You've got to save yourself from those who've confused cruelty for kindness.

Don't be scared. Be prepared.

When you shake yourself loose from Master Controllers there will be more highly reactive behavior.

They will literally shake with rage and anger. You're gone and they don't have anyone to release their negative behavior on. Yet. Until they do, they will look for another victim, someone who is struggling.  

They will try to fix you with their control but they will sux the life out of your soul.  Run Felicias Run.

Learn to recognize the signs and smoke signals. If you've left a trail of tears behind you, you're going to have to be careful that you do not attract these relationships all over again. 

Be prepared. Keep your eyes wide open on the horizon.

Recovery has so many layers.  Don't bring the food offenders into your house.  The wolf may be knocking at your door but don't let them in.  Not by the hair of their chinny chin chin.

the-shining-6069.png?rect=350,0,900,900&

Be prepared. Have you suffered the slings and arrows of bullies in your lifetime.

You're going to have to learn how to take yourself back from master controllers. They're everywhere, in the workplace, too.

Everywhere they go, they leave a wake and a trail of tears behind them. People are fleeing and running just as fast as their legs can carry them.

It's going to take a special kind of courage to meet them head on. Aggressive and assertive are not the same things.

Assert yourself. Remain calm.

If you can't avoid or get away from one, learn to read the cues for their anxiety levels... when they're ready to blow their cork.  Avoid them as much as you can when they want to take all of their highly reactive emotions out on you. They're always looking for someone to dump on but don't let it be you if you can avoid it.

People will be looking for new jobs, left and right. Master Controlling is a freaky thing. When you let yourself become accustomed to it, convincing yourself that abby normal is acceptable, you're in the danger zone.

Master Controllers need a muse. Don't let it be you.

13361672_f1024.jpg

1919-electric-washing-machine.jpg

Chop wood. Carry water. Get rid of your electricity and throw all of your belongings away.  Or not.

You choose. You decide.

Whatever makes you happy but don't confuse order vs. making more chaos. Especially for the kids. Master controlling is legalistic and it becomes another religion. They control and you follow.

Discernment is a gift.

4c3dc2c1672fb474e6219b130efdb45f.jpg

This is amazing. Until it's not.

We've got to use our heads besides something to part our ears with. If someone told you to stay inside of a burning building, would you?  Sit still, all will be fine.

Learn to listen and trust your spirit and don't let others take control of your nutritional decisions or how you choose to live your life.

Shawshank it. Get yourself free.

Be loyal to your own peace of mind.

How someone can give all of their freedom away to a cult or controller is confusing and bewildering.

Body. Mind. Spirit. 

The body and mind are easily led astray. They're moved by visual and emotional cues. The intellect may not have much discernment.

That's found in your spirit. It's the ability to discern, appraise, clearly recognize and distinguish the influences of what's going on in a situation.  It's a gift to warn you of danger, being led astray and falling for every hook, line and sinker.

Get some.

3705779103_ed913e1473_o.jpg?format=1500w

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-blog/waist-size-and-life-expectancy/bgp-20092936

We all know exactly where we're at with our clothes.

Today, the news said that waist size is a predictor of health.

Get out your measuring tape. There's a quick health screening you can do at home.

Waist circumference is a simple measurement that appears to say a lot about your potential life expectancy. In fact a pooled analysis of data from 650,000 adults found that waist circumference is an important number when looking at your health and longevity. This effect was independent of other risk factors, such as age, BMI, physical activity, smoking history and alcohol use.

Specifically this data showed that men with a waist circumference of 43 inches (110 centimeters) were at 52 percent greater risk of death than men with a 37 inch (95 centimeter) waist. For women, a 37 inch (95 centimeter) waist put them at 80 percent higher risk of death than women with a 27.5 inch (70 centimeter) waist. The estimated decrease in life expectancy for highest versus lowest waist circumference was approximately 3 years for men and approximately 5 years for women.

A large waist circumference is a red flag for excessive abdominal fat, which is associated with obesity-related conditions, such as type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, high blood pressure and coronary artery disease.

Men with a waist circumference of 43 inches  were at 52 percent greater risk of death than men with a 37 inch  waist.

For women, a 37 inch  waist put them at 80 percent higher risk of death than women with a 27.5 inch waist.

The estimated decrease in life expectancy for highest versus lowest waist circumference was approximately 3 years for men and approximately 5 years for women.

This is more worrying than EQ swarms.

The eclipse came and went. We'll have to wait another 700 years for the next one.

You never know who you're going to meet running around out here in the sagebrush. It's all fun. Really.

Paw always said... Success doesn't change you but fame does.

We've met the famous. Some just want to hide or blend in, others want to be seen and noticed. We've even witnessed some of them scouring over those rag mags at the grocery store but not buying them. We pretend not to notice.

It's kind of a let down now that pesky loaded UP and drove home. It's soooo quiet.  I saw the first yellow leaves on the trees. That ole fall haze will be moving in here. The Ides of August.

599cc9f80e434.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

The phone has quit ringing and the eclipse excitement has faded away.

599cb3928f50d.image.jpg?resize=1200,900

There were 50 who climbed to the summit of Grand Teton to watch.

599cd0ce82a16.image.jpg?resize=1200,737

Archived