My Brother and his RA

Carlaccini

Hi All,

I am coming close to finishing my whole 30 (on day 29) and there are thoughts niggling at the back of my head. I have a brother who is 2 years older than I am and has medium to severe breakouts of psoraisis and RA symptoms in his knees. (He stands pretty much all day for 10hrs +). Now he has noted on his own that if he consumes dairy that his symptoms worsen.

We have recently spent time together and he noted that I was looking a lot healthier (and thinner!) and he asked me what I was doing. I did advise him I was doing this to rid myself of migraines, but me losing weight was merely a side effect of my new style paleo eating. I think I piqued his interest somewhat, but that day I came down with a migraine - so much for my convincing him of doing this for his RA!

I would like very much to encourage him to try eating like this, but he is extremely busy - he owns his own business, is married and has two fairly active boys (6 and 7). And planning meals is not something they have ever done as a family. So I would like to encourage him to investigate paleo eating a little further but not sure as to how.

Any suggestions out there?

Archived