Day 5, down in the dumps

SonneS

This *can* mean you've gone a little too low carb.

We'd suggest starting out with at least a fist sized serving of starchy veg per pay, although some do well with more, particularly if they are prone to anxiety/depression...

What have you been eating over the past few days veg wise?

I actually eat a lot of vegis.  I start each day with two eggs with onion, green pepper and mushroom in it plus a portion of an apple.  I normally eat a salad with a variety of veg + left over protein or a can of tuna, then dinner has been a variety of healthy protein, veg and starchy veg like potato or sweet potato.

I felt better once I got to work (always do if I am anxious, etc.).  Honestly, almost wondering if it was a backlash of talking with a lady who was so against not eating sugar that she made me feel like ... I don't even know.  I guess I might feel bad for her 'cause I know that this would probably help her and it agitated me that she couldn't see past the fact that she doesn't need sugar in her dressing (of all things).

Don't know if that makes sense.  Let me know if you still think the veg is too low??

• Moderators

Hard to tell on the veg quantities as you've not given any... Are you filling your plate with veggies?  That's a few cups at least.  You could try and put starchy carbs into two meals to see if that makes you feel better if tomorrow is the same type of feeling (which would mean it wasn't sugar lady).

Since we're here tho, your breakfast is very small... eggs when they are your sole source of protein are as many as you can hold in your hand without dropping... most people can start with 3-4 so if you only want two, try adding some leftover protein of another sort.  Get the veggies up and then where's your fat?  Cooking fat barely counts so get some olives, compliant bacon, mayo, avocado etc... in there.

You don't list fat in any of your meals so I wonder if you just overlooked listing them or you're not eating them?  Fat is very important and again, cooking fat is often left in the pan and then also divided by portions so you always want to be adding additional fat.

Wow, great info.  I have had very little fat in my diet, but yesterday I did incorporate some avocado.  I feel great today, so it might have just been an off day.  I was adding about a cup of veg with my eggs (today was closer to two), and my salads are always about 3 cups of mixed veg with homemade dressing (which would be a fat source).  I also did 3 eggs today, which now I feel like I need a nap.  I am going to our butcher today to ask questions about their curing process, etc., so I know if I can eat their meat stick (YUM) and bacon (YUUUUUUM).

My dinners have been Whole30 compliant with lots of veg and starchy veg, so I think my carbs are OK.  I haven't felt this satisfied after eating (and not felt the need to eat at night) in a LONG time, so hopefully adding a little more fat in will keep me balanced. 

Heres to day 6!

Archived