Magic Kingdom - Worst Quick Service During Whole30...

Good gosh mom... you couldn't have picked a different Disney park to do tomorrow?

My plan to get a kid's burger (no bun, obviously) with grapes and carrots flew out the window. No quick-service at that park has it anymore. (I do this because the adult burgers always taste like they add some flavorings in there)

I asked my mom, and she says "get a salad". -_-

Anyone dealt with this before (not the dismissing parent, doing Whole30 in the Magic Kingdom)? It's not too big a deal, but I don't want to be starving in a place that pumps appetizing smells into the street to make you crave totally non-compliant food. I'll probably pick up some jerky and an avocado tonight, scoop the avocado out and into a plastic bag, and just eat that tomorrow...

Whenever we have gone to Disneyland, we usually eat in one of the restaurants that has GF options or I ask for a burger but protein style so wrapped in lettuce with other veggies and no sauce and they are pretty good about swapping the side of fries for a veggie/fruit/salad. Also, I believe the turkey legs are good. 

17 minutes ago, cindyemvee said:

Whenever we have gone to Disneyland, we usually eat in one of the restaurants that has GF options or I ask for a burger but protein style so wrapped in lettuce with other veggies and no sauce and they are pretty good about swapping the side of fries for a veggie/fruit/salad. Also, I believe the turkey legs are good. 

Ended up doing Animal Kingdom, which had what I was looking for, but still have to start over. I accidentally ate some cereal this morning instead of the meat and veggies I intended to. Next time I eating next to a sibling, I'll make sure I don't eat off the wrong plate. 

Next time you go, definitely ask if they put anything on the burgers! I have not worked at Magic Kingdom, but I've worked in two other parks and several resorts and all we've ever put on the burgers in those locations are salt and pepper. I can't say that Magic Kingdom for sure only puts s&p on them, too, but the cast members in the location will be happy to tell you if anything else is added to the burgers.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, TracyMarie said:

I am going to Disneyland Feb. 1 and will have one day left on my Whole 30 beginning.  Do they let you bring fruit and/or snacks in?  

Looks like no, according to their website: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq/dining/outside-food-in-park/

However, if you follow the link in that labeled dietary restrictions, it has more information that can help you maybe plan what you can have while you're there.

• 1 month later...

You can bring food into disney parks, you can even bring a small cooler and store it in a locker.  Disney is extremely accommodating when dealing with food requests and the chef or manager will be able to answer your questions and modify for you.  For quick service they can advise you and have alternative meals, not on the menu for people with certain dietary restrictions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2017 at 9:36 AM, pinkyt177 said:

You can bring food into disney parks, you can even bring a small cooler and store it in a locker.  Disney is extremely accommodating when dealing with food requests and the chef or manager will be able to answer your questions and modify for you.  For quick service they can advise you and have alternative meals, not on the menu for people with certain dietary restrictions.

This is very true. I worked at a full-service restaurant at Disney, and, honestly, they are the most accommodating people. Just ask questions, and they will be happy to help. Trust me, food and beverage cast members deal with so many special requests daily, so yours won't be a big deal to them. 

Archived