Day 12

Frank1203

I'm on Day 12 and I figured I'd come join the forum for eh, whatever.

I've eaten keto in the past and that fits fine for me but I miss fruit and potatoes so I thought I'd do a whole30 and see how it goes.

So far I haven't really had any benefits whatsoever, mostly I just feel tired and sluggish. Have to check back as I go.

• Moderators

If you're not already, be sure you're making your meals match the meal template. Also, be sure you're drinking plenty of water and salting your food to taste. Not eating enough (especially enough fat), not drinking enough water, and not getting enough salt are probably the top reasons we see here for people continuing to feel tired and sluggish after the first week or so.

1 hour ago, Frank1203 said:

Well my fat intake is obviously down coming from a ketogenic diet. I feel like I'm having a hard time getting enough protein.

What do a couple of your average days look like? Food wise, sleep wise, activity/stress/liquid intake etc...?

I feel a little less tired (on day 17) but really only when I make sure I'm getting enough sugar through fruits. I think that without the fruit/potato carbs I'm not getting enough fat on this diet to sustain myself, so I've started eating more fruit.

On keto I didn't really have this issue because I was eating enough fat for energy.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, finished whole30, not super impressed. Didn't lose any weight though I definitely have weight to lose. Don't feel really any better than before. My wife faired better than I did. Overall, whole30 is just another take on paleo, which is a slightly different take on ketogenic diets. They all have the same basic principles: eat real food.

I'm probably going to re-introduce some real butter and cut out the carbs (ie no fruit or potatoes), so basically go back to eating keto. Whole30 was a neat gimmick and worth a try.

Archived