I made it to day 31! I stayed the course for a whole month and now it just feels like a way of life.

I had to know, so I took my weight this morning and I was down 12.6 lbs since I started.  I started at 171, so I broke 2 thresholds (170 and 160) that I've been battling for a year.

I also lost 4 inches in my waist, 3 in my chest, and 2 at my hips.  I lift weights a lot, so I can tell a difference that I've leaned out areas more than anything, which is what I'm going for anyway. 

Tomorrow I'm going to enjoy a glass of wine, but today is going to be another regular day! I still have a long ways to go to meet my body goals, so my reintro period is going to be fairly light.  I may reintroduce dairy just because if I want to go out to eat dairy is pretty much on everything.  

• 2 weeks later...

So it's been a bit since I updated.  My reintroduction has been fairly non-eventful to this point because I haven't really done one.

I had a glass of wine each night until my bottle was empty, bought a new one tonight since it's Friday...I seem to do okay with the red wine, which is good because that's all I really drank before.  Keeping it to one glass is kind of tough some days, but that's ok.

The other day I added a little soy to my dinner, it was fine.  Tasted good, but didn't give me any issues, and not anything I can't live without. I just forgot to buy more coconut aminos when I was at the store.  

Today I tried the smallest amount of dairy, and felt like garbage. We have a cafeteria at my work, and I was pretty hungry around 2. There weren't any good snack options, so  I opted for a pre-made cobb salad. It was the best of all the not-so-awesome choices I had... It had blue cheese, most of which I tried to take off and ranch as the dressing.  It was on the side so I, ever so slightly, dipped some of my salad in the dressing vs pouring it all over.  It was a buttermilk based ranch, so I tried to take it easy with it.

After that I just didn't feel good. It had bacon on it too, and I know that it wasn't my Pederson's Whole30 compliant bacon by any means, so I may need to separate the 2 and see if it's the dairy that gave me issues or if it could've been the bacon. I don't buy bad bacon for home so I'll probably just try some cheese or butter at some point and see if I have any issues with it.  

On Thursday nights I need some serious help because I go from work to class at 6 to a lab class at 730, and I'm in there until 1030.  I am usually starving by the time I leave even if I eat dinner before.  I used to go to Sonic on my way home from night classes all the time, and now I fight myself on doing this... I didn't give in last night as much as I wanted to, and I got home and ate a banana even though it's not the best to eat before bed, but I just needed something on my stomach... I've tried keeping Epic bars or Larabars with me, eating right before I go, but it doesn't seem to matter I still want to stop at Sonic on my way home... I don't, but I want to...

• Moderators
1 hour ago, csullivan18 said:

On Thursday nights I need some serious help because I go from work to class at 6 to a lab class at 730, and I'm in there until 1030.  I am usually starving by the time I leave even if I eat dinner before.  I used to go to Sonic on my way home from night classes all the time, and now I fight myself on doing this... I didn't give in last night as much as I wanted to, and I got home and ate a banana even though it's not the best to eat before bed, but I just needed something on my stomach... I've tried keeping Epic bars or Larabars with me, eating right before I go, but it doesn't seem to matter I still want to stop at Sonic on my way home... I don't, but I want to...

The stopping at Sonic sounds like a habit more than anything. Keep taking food with you so you have something to eat so you know you don't have to stop and get something. If the bars aren't filling, maybe take a little something else to have too -- a handful of olives in a tupperware type container, or something like Wholly Guacamole's premade guac in the little containers -- those should be okay unrefrigerated for several hours.

I'd also look at things like -- do you drive right past the Sonic on your way home? If so, could you change your route some so that it's not there to tempt you? If it's not that, is there anything else you could do instead, a new habit to start? Was stopping at Sonic as much about a sort of decompression period as it was about the food? If so, maybe coming home and taking a few minutes to relax or meditate or work on some hobby you enjoy for a little while could help?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived