Can I have Runa Energy Drinks?

simjim6

Forgive me if I'm being rude, but I'm trying to understand this...

Looking at the ingredients, nothing really sounds like a "lab experiment." This "energy drink" is essentially tea & lime juice, with citric & ascorbic acid added. All of the caffeine comes from the guayusa tea - there isn't any added on top of that. I thought maybe the issue was with the guayusa, but someone asked about the Runa tea bags a few years ago, and it was said that they were ok.

Is this a SWYPO problem, or a caffeine level problem (105mg/can vs 95mg/cup of coffee), or something I'm just plain missing?

• Moderators

Yes, you're right.  I didn't look up the caffiene content on these... the 'energy drink' part is what pinged for me but upon further investigation, this is no different (the unsweetened ones) than a cup of coffee a day... As with coffee, we recommend not drinking caffinated beverages after noon so that your sleep is not disrupted but if you wanted to use this in place of coffee, that would be fine.

Thanks @cahliah for asking for clarification.  You were definitely not being rude and we're all human here so if you have a question about a response, definitely ask.

Archived