Why are eggs allowed?

Yes, they are a common allergen.

It's usually the egg white that is not tolerated and if you have a known auto immune disease (or a known egg allergy obviously!) then it is recommended that you exclude them.

However, eggs are a nutritional power house - an excellent source of protein, omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin D, B12, selenium, and iodine. In fact eggs contain 13 essential vitamins & minerals (mostly in the yolk), and they're considered essential because our bodies can not produce them on their own.

Plus, they're economical, quick to cook, and incredibly versatile.... It would be foolish to exclude them unless it was absolutely necessary.

Hi, I battle cholesterol with diet and exercise.  Egg yokes are something that I have steered clear of.

I'm hearing new opinions on the value of egg yokes.  What's the general thinking here on egg yokes and their interplay with cholesterol?

I would love to re-introduce yokes.

Thanks!!

• Moderators

DIetary cholesterol doesn't raise blood cholesterol.  The best thing I can do is advise you to read the book 'Eat the Yolks' by Liz Wolfe... it's well layed out, very informative, a bit funny in parts and very approachable.

You can also google 'whole30 cholesterol' or other similar search terms and you should find previous threads on the topic.

Archived