Need a Pep Talk to Tighten Up Habits

Hello!  I am on Day 15.  I feel really confident in my determination and compliance in following Main rules of the program. Thus far, my non scale victories have been maintaining an active lifestyle without traditional "healthy" carbs and no added sugar.  And I feel less bloated/fluffy.  Last I am so happy I am not going through a vicious cycle of 4 days "ideal" nutrtion and then it's unravels or becomes self destructive for a few days. 

However, I am starting to feel like I am "fudging" the rules a bit and need some feedback if this is ok or tough love to tighten up these habits. 

- drinking more coffee.  Probably about 20oz per day.   I always drink coffee black and use my 2nd or 3rd coffee between meals.  

- the scale... stepped on 3x times :ph34r: so far.  I will just have my husband hide the scale (easy fix).

- dried mango / Rx bar / frozen mango (I like mango).  Ok these guys have been my comforts when I have an anxious moment.  I have tried the strategy of breaking away and go for a walk but I come back still craving.  Overconsumption is mild. I try to have serving size and with fruit I pair fat or protein.  

With the bullet points above am I "fudging" my Whole 30?  

Open to suggestions or tough love! 

Thanks Maggie!  

Treat your Whole 30 the way you take care of your career. 

Drink water like it's your job

Do a Whole 30 like it's your job

Eat protein like you mean it

Limit insulin excursions

Cook your food with wild and reckless abandon

Mistakes repeated more than once are a decision

If you kept making the same mistakes on your job, your hindend would be down the road.

There's always, always a grace period for the noobs but eventually the older hands kick out all of the props and you're on your own.

You have to want to finish strong and do the right things when no one else is watching over you.

From beginning to end.  Day 1 Whole 30 and all the way through the Reintro Process.  

It's the training ground that prepares the way for finding true stability with your weight and food.

Now, get back in line, soldier. This is the real Whole 30. You're in bootcamp and mistakes made more than once are decisions. 

Archived