Enzyme confusion

Questforhappiness

Hello,

So, I have IBS. I did the Whole30 hoping it would help, and it did, somewhat, but not completely. I want to try taking an enzyme supplement to see if this will help, and I bought the Now Digestive Ultimate as recommended in ISWF. However, in ISWF Melissa recommended taking up to 6 capsules with each meal. The Now bottle recommends 1. Is there a reason ISWF recommends up to 6? 6 seems like a lot, but since my stomach issues are kinda serious, I don't want to waste my time taking not enough and then think enzymes don't work if they could help,

Thanks!

• Moderators

Hey there - Our recommendation would be to speak to your doctor as no one here is a medical professional.  That said, you can try taking one or two and see if it helps and increase as necessary.  I"m not sure what overdosing on digestive enzymes will do if anything so that's definitely something you might want to spend some time researching and then speaking to your doctor if necessary.

I haven't had the enzymes in a while, but as I recall it, there were two different ones - a tablet and a capsule.  Could be formulas, dosages, and recommendations change.  I'd slowly increment up, and I think if you start to feel some burning in your stomach, that's when you back off and increment down.

Archived