D17wn

Hi All! 

I am a Whole30 newbie. I am in UK and have been inspired to try whole30 by BBC's 'Dr in the house', Dr Rangan Chatterjee. He is currently doing great things for people by thinking  outside the box (ie NOT just treating symptoms but the whole body and lifestyle) through Whole30. I have multiple diagnoses of lots of different illness and ailments, but the dots have only been joined for a matter of days. I was just a week ago diagnosed with h-EDS. I also have ME/FM/PCOS to name a few of the big ones. So I felt it was time to give it a go. 

I started my whole30 on June 3rd and stupidly fell off the wagon on 12th by eating 4 (!) slices of seeded granary bread. This bread made me feel HORRENDOUS for two days, so on 13th I got straight back on it. So (again) on day 3! I felt rough on day 4/5 (before bread-gate) but this time I feel GREAT! After little sleep last night I woke up this morning feeling awesome! :wub: Is it possible to have "TIGER BLOOD" already?? I have done paleo/clean eating before and my diet prior to Whole30 was pretty good. Not too much sugar, nor alcohol or dairy as I am intolerant, but way too many grains/carbs!

Anyways, I look forward to checking in with you all. Xx

1 minute ago, D17wn said:

Is it possible to have "TIGER BLOOD" already??

Probably..... I think you've just turned a corner is all but keep going strong & the Tiger Blood may make an appearance soon.... Especially if you're eating oily fish IME ;)

Big fan of Rangan's here too!

3 hours ago, jmcbn said:

Probably..... I think you've just turned a corner is all but keep going strong & the Tiger Blood may make an appearance soon.... Especially if you're eating oily fish IME ;)

Big fan of Rangan's here too!

Tiger blood isn't the same for everyone. Sometimes people have endless energy a bit like when you get the nesting instinct before the birth of a baby. SOme people just have more steady energy throughout the day. It depends very much on what you eat, your state of health, your preWhole30 diet, your sleep & stress levels - all kinds of things will impact energy. But in my experience those that eat fish, and specifically oily fish (because of the omega 3 fatty acids/DHAs), on a regular basis experience it more.

Your energy may well improve in a matter of days, and you may well feel awesome, but until you're fat adapted I'd doubt you'd be feeling Tiger Blood.

Hope this helps!

Sardines, herring are just fine to eat...along with tuna, salmon,rainbow trout, walleye, browns, marlin, bass, halibut, crab, lobster, shrimp...all of it.

You don't see much talk of Tiger Blood amongst Whole 30'rs these days, hardly at all.  But it's not something you can work up with your emotions or mind.  It's physical.   I believe the more whole foods in whole form you're eating...fish, fish, fish - the greater your  chances of finding it on your doorstep.

I also believe it's directly related to the process of fat adaptation. 

Template, template, template. Consistent. No snacking between 3 meals aday, going 4-5 hours between each meal.  Protein, Fat, Vegetables - the Whole 30 trifecta and recipe for Tiger Blood.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived