Derailed by a stomach virus

I was over a week into R2 and got a stomach virus.  The only thing that's staying down is saltines and toast and the thought of veggies, fruit or meat right now makes me feel nauseous.  Obviously this round is over.  But for future reference, is there any complaint foods that are good for nausea?  Like a W30 version of the BRAT diet?  

• Moderators

You can have bananas, if you think they'd help. And applesauce as long as it's unsweetened and doesn't have any non-whole30 stuff added to it. Baked potatoes or sweet potatoes are good options, with just a little ghee or oil and some salt. Scrambled eggs work for some people. Grilled or baked chicken breast with not very strong seasonings. Broth or soup. Peppermint or ginger teas can help. If you like kombucha and already drink it, maybe some ginger flavored kombucha. (I would not try kombucha for the first time while you're sick, though -- it can be an acquired taste, and could upset your tummy more if you aren't used to it.)

Basically, go for things that are fairly bland, easy to digest, not too oily or greasy. Drink lots of fluids, and be sure you salt whatever you do eat.

Archived