Alcohol on Reintroduction

So I was just reading through the reintro schedule and I am determined to follow it this time around. This is my second whole30 and I am about half way through (day 14, woot woot!). I did the first one a few years ago and it was amazing, but I totally messed up my system by eating all of the bad things immediately after it was over. This time, I am trying to make it right by reseting my system and  paying close attention to the foods that hurt afterward. So anyway, I made plans to go on vacation with some friends about a week into my reintroduction. I am curious about alcohol because I'm going to be with drinkers and I really want to participate. I know I can make "good" alcohol choices like going for clear spirits over heavy beers and sticking to gluten free vodkas, but alcohol is still alcohol. I'm just wondering if anyone has successfully reintroduced booze without misery and if so, when and how did you do it? There isn't anything in the reintroduction about alcohol so I figured I should try here. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

If you search "alcohol reintroduction" up in the top right box you'll find several threads with information.

When I did alcohol reintro, I did wine first (separating reds and whites) while keeping my food intake Whole30.  I don't drink beer, but I would do this on a separate day.  And then a separate day for any hard alcohol.  Follow the same rules (maybe not having it for every meal :P) and wait a few days before adding anything else new.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived