A band of dragons

Resurgam712

Hi, new to the forums. Recently discovered Whole30 and found that it really resonated with me. I started and was 10 days in when I made a small slip that lead to a cascade of unfortunate choices and I'm now so far off-plan that regaining my footing has been very challenging. Needless to say, I've been feeling pretty rotten about what's happened and struggling to just look past it and start over. Thankfully, I've recognized that some good still came out of even 10 days. I learned a number of things about myself and I have more insight as to how I may improve the process next time. I just need to recommit already. Any thoughts/tips/advice would be welcomed.

• Moderators

It's not unusual for people to take a couple of tries to get all the way through their first Whole30. And those 10 days definitely werent wasted  --  every meal that you choose to eat healthy foods is a step in the right direction, and as long as you keep trying,  the steps going forward will eventually outnumber the ones going backwards.

Definitely look at what led to that first small slip. If that situation comes up again, what will you do differently? Or how can you prevent the situation from even happening next time? It can be helpful to think of more situations that might come up where you might be tempted to go off plan and think of how you can respond to those situations. You'll never be able to plan for everything, obviously, but having some plans in place can help keep you on track. 

Archived