A Glass of Whine

Ok so I am doing with whole30 (which in my case is a wholeForALongWhile) for several conditions: history of Crohn's colitis, pretty significant autoimmune spinal arthritis, hyperthyroidism, history of Lyme and Bartonella infection, and lots of ongoing life stresses.

I think I am somewhere in the neighborhood of 45 days on a low iodine, autoimmune protocol, and last week I felt the stirrings of better health: better sleep, more energy, able to exercise, less pain, less anxiety.

So what did I do? I introduced 3 new foods in one day yesterday! Almond milk, eggs, and almonds. And I am a Complete. Utter. Wreck. today. I feel like I am back at square one. I feel like I've been hit by a truck.

SO..........i'm writing this here for all the world (ok, those of you reading this post) to see. I am back to beginner's mind, strict autoimmune protocol, no more careless introductions of foods.

Ok, whine over. Now back to your regularly scheduled program!

Pea

Oh Pea, I'm really sorry you feel so awful. But isn't it great that you know exactly what to do to get back on track. Just think how awful it was when you didn't know what to do to feel better. I really, really hope you feel better soon. good luck

Setbacks are hard :( I've done the exact same thing so many times and always feel really silly afterwards. I have continue to heal though. I am at a much better place than I was a year ago. Your healing will progress.

I am so right there with you! It seems like every time I have an inkling of feeling better, part of me goes "Yep! Invincible!" and I go all nutso on some hummus or nightshades or something.

I have a (not even half baked, like 1/27th baked) theory about the energetics of autoimmune disorders. I wonder if the body gets so accustomed to being under constant attack, that that becomes what it "thinks" of as homeostasis. When there's a slowing or even halting of the attack, something kicks in in the brain to do something to start it up again. At this point I can only speak for myself, but I have noticed this tendency in others from time to time too.

I am so right there with you! It seems like every time I have an inkling of feeling better, part of me goes "Yep! Invincible!" and I go all nutso on some hummus or nightshades or something.

I have a (not even half baked, like 1/27th baked) theory about the energetics of autoimmune disorders. I wonder if the body gets so accustomed to being under constant attack, that that becomes what it "thinks" of as homeostasis. When there's a slowing or even halting of the attack, something kicks in in the brain to do something to start it up again. At this point I can only speak for myself, but I have noticed this tendency in others from time to time too.

Yup.

Archived