Nexium

I am on this journey with the blessing of my GP. One goal I have it to stop taking Nexium. I was down to 1/2 tablet every other day before I started my W30. I have been able to stretch that out to 1/2 every third day.

This, however, is the only progress that I seem to be making. Today is Day 14, and I don't feel any better in any other way.

So, is this because my digestion is so messed up from the Nexium?

It occurs to me that I may have to do a couple (or more) of the W30's to get off the Nexium entirely, and so it may be that I won't feel any better in any other way until I'm no longer taking it. My body, because I have low thyroid function and ME, tends to refuse to behaving in any way that resembles typical, but maybe someone else has had this experience?

Being able to decrease the Nexium is very encouraging, but I was, to be perfectly honest, hoping for more.

Having read this, http://chriskresser.com/get-rid-of-heartburn-and-gerd-forever-in-three-simple-steps. I am even more persuaded that saying good-bye to the Nexium is essential. I've been taking it for two years now, and that's far more than long enough. Even if getting off of this medication is the only result I see from this first trip through the W30, I will be content!

And then I will do another, med-free, W30!

P.S. This forum is truly a blessing!

Archived