Paleo chicken nuggets

CaseyD

Ok, first I guess I should make sure almond flour and arrowroot powder are ok. Right?

The only reason I make these silly things is because I feed a toddler, and you do what you have to! But, should I not be eating the paleo chicken nuggets on a Whole30? I make them with chicken breast, olive oil, almond flour and arrowroot powder. They are baked in the oven. I don't make them because I have some burning desire for chicken nuggets, but sometimes I just eat what she's having to make life easier. ;)

Not sure if they are strictly Whole30, but my wife and I made the 'breaded' chicken recipie from Sarah Fragoso's book (which is pretty much the same as your recipe above) regulary, even during our most recent Whole 30 during Lent. Technically there are no verbotten ingredients, but I think our Whole 9 overlords would probably describe this as SWYPO (Sex With Your Pants On). That being said, I've always been a fan of doing the best you can within the constructs of the lifestyle we are choosing!

I think that's a tricky thing, the SWYPO, because it means different things to different people. I, for one, have never been a fan of chicken nuggets. They taste like garbage. Nor have I ever really bothered with breaded meats. But, paleo chicken nuggets are actually pretty good and there's the whole toddler angel where you sometimes just eat what they eat to survive lunch.

See, now if it was any paleo desert recipe, then I would be guilty of SWYPO for sure!

SWYPO is highly variable in circumstances falling outside of "desserts" and "junk food." For some with a wicked KFC addiction, making Paleo chicken tenders isn't a good idea. For others, like yourself, it sounds like a perfectly fine choice. So use your own judgment - sounds like you're doing exactly the right thing for you and your family.

Archived