Racing Heart & Shortness of Breath

Hey, everyone! My husband and I are currently on Day 4. Overall, we've been feeling totally wiped out and headachey since day one, but figured that was normal and we'd get through it. This morning, however, as soon as I got up, my heart was racing out of my chest, I was short of breath, and extremely weak. Is this normal? Maybe low blood sugar? I'm currently exclusively breastfeeding and have stuck to the 1/3 protein, 1/3 carb dense veggies, 1/3 other veggies thing religiously, and also making sure I'm getting my fat in, so.... I'm not sure what to think. Help?

• Moderators

The symptoms you are describing are far from normal. You might should seek a medical evaluation.

I'm not sure of where you are getting the 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 plan though it does not sound bad. It is just different from the Whole9 meal template plan: http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

If you are eating plenty of food - see meal template - and drinking plenty of water (1/2 to 1 ounce per pound of body weight per day), you should be okay on the food side of things. The only other basic thing I can think of is getting enough salt. Some people who are used to avoiding salt don't get enough when they cut out processed food and do all their own cooking.

Archived