Ugh. My coconut probiotic drink contains Stevia...

Coconut kefir water (15B count) contains STEVIA. .005%

Did I just not do my Whole30? I am on Day 20.

Is today Day 1?

Crap.

Why do they do this? Young coconut water needs no additional sweetener!!!! Shame on me for not reading the ingredients. I *always* read labels (I'm an Autism mom)

You are still on day 20 IMO. I believe Kombucha retains a small amount of sugar but its ok because of the probiotic benefits. Stevia is not ideal, you can find other brands without it (the unflavored Inner Eco brand for example), but I don't think it's worth the disappointment of starting over. On the other hand, some people react very negatively to stevia and having a full 30 days without it could be beneficial and very telling. If you think that may be the case for you, extending your w30 could give you some answers.

I was always intending to make this a Whole45, but I really don't want to stop taking the coconut water! One, it is dang expensive and I just opened a new bottle. I guess I could make the kids take it...

Sugar is my nemesis. I think I need to be as strict as possible. Sugar is why I started this Whole30 in the first place.

I'm not starting over, but I will definitely cut out the Stevia and extend to 45 days.

Thanks!

Sounds like a good plan PamH- such a bummer though to have to waste. I had to quit a bunch of supplements during mine- I know my w30 was polluted with sneaky ingredients in there but it still worked as a major transformation for me. Best.

Archived