Starting Day 1 tomorrow 5/20! Anyone else?

JenniferC

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay for Day 22! And woohoo for us! I finally had my kill all the things day on Saturday. Man was I cranky! Everything and everyone was annoying lol. Anyone else have a day or two like that? It was brutal. I have stayed away from my Larabars until today. I finally broke down and ate one as we were out and I was starving. I tried the Coconut Cream Pie one and holy guacamole is that yummy! I guess that's what 3 weeks without sugar will do for you. How is everyone feeling? My afternoon sluggishness is gone :) I know that I am going to continue on with this way of eating, with some off-roading, of course. I feel so much better I can't imagine going back to eating the way I was before. Now when I read a label, or think about fast food, I am totally disgusted. I just wish it was a little less expensive to eat healthy, whole foods. It's sad that they cost more than processed junk.

Jennifer C

I am with you on sticking with this type of clean eating I feel great.

I am not sure where you are located, but I find if I avoid the bigger grocery stores like Whole Foods and instead shop farmers markets and smaller stores like Natural Grocers (in Colorado), then I can find better prices.

I have been buying meat directly from the farms and it is half the price, and even cheaper if you have the storage space to buy in bulk. I also find that "natural" products at the regular store like Safeway or King Soopers are the most expensive. 

Unfortunately I live in a suburb of Youngstown Ohio and there are very few whole or natural food resources. No local farmers market except in summer. Then there are tons :) I have recently discovered that there are several grass fed farms not too far way. Once we get our garage cleaned out I plan to invest in a freezer and buy meat in bulk. In the meantime I'm pretty much stuck with the big chain grocery stores.

Day 23!!!! One week left!

One week to go. Congrats everyone. I am feeling good and things are fitting better which I take as a good sign things are going in the right direction. I have not been sleeping great. I don't know if it is the change in food, summer, crazy schedules or what. My sleeping was okay before I started....

Keep it up everyone. We are in the final stretch.

Last weekend. Glad everyone is doing so great. I hope you all feel awesome! :) 

I read this post and I must say I am feeling this energetic. So wahoo to tiger blood. 

Day15 of Whole30 - Tiger Blood Begins
Posted on 2012-08-05 by CWatermelon

This is what the timeline says about my next phase of Day16-Day28. Goodbye cravings, hello Tiger Blood! This must be what everyone is talking about! You've hit the downhill slope of your Whole30 and life is beautiful. Your energy is through the roof, you've kicked the cravings, you're experimenting with new, delicious food, and you've finally got the time to notice that your clothes fit better, your workouts are stronger, and you are generally more awesome. There's not much more to say about this phase – go and enjoy it!

Archived