What if I can't possibly eat this much food?

I am on day 3 and just ate meal 2. Meal 1 was morning mix from ISWF, made up of one apple, 1/2 cup onion, and 1/3 # pork. Meal 2 was 2 cups cilantro lime cauliflower rice with 1 chicken breast, and 1/4 cup coconut milk for fat. It took me an hour to eat meal 2 because it was just too much, I wasn't hungry enough. But I forced it down.

If it helps, I'm 52 years old, 5'2", 136#, low-thyroid, low-adrenal. I don't work out, but walk 30-60 minutes each day - walked 60 minutes today between meal 1 and meal 2. It was also more than 4 hours between meals. I checked calories, just out of curiosity, and it looks like I have had about 800 calories so far today. I'm not snacking much, so only plan to have one more meal today, which will probably be about 1300 calories total for the day. Not that much for a high fat, high protein meal plan.

Is my body trying to tell me something? Do I really need the amount of calories, fat, bulk, the meal map lays out? Is it okay to eat less fat and meat as long as I don't find myself snacking between meals? Will this change when my body starts burning the fat I'm eating instead of burning carbs?

Thanks!

Cindy

sahmomto2

• Moderators

It sounds like you are eating appropriate portion sizes and I would be concerned if you ate a lot less because it is difficult to get all the nutrition you need from a lot less. You might try breaking the same amount of food into four meals and see if that makes it easier.

Depending on what you were eating before, you may be having difficulty digesting a higher protein, higher fat menu. You might benefit from taking a digestive enzyme like Now Foods Super Enzymes before each meal for a few weeks. By day 3, if you are having problems digesting food, you could be "backed up" and that might be making eating difficult. Digestive enzymes won't hurt and some people find they make a big difference.

Thanks, Tom!

I've always eaten fairly low-carb, high-fat, high-protein. But I did typically eat a fairly small breakfast and lunch and larger dinner, so I'm not used to being so full early in the day. I felt hungry when I started eating, but full before I was halfway through. I'll try the enzymes and see if that helps.

Cindy

sahmomto2

Archived