Help! Constant headaches

thursday84

I need some direction. I'm on day 6 & have had a constant headache for the last 5 days. Is this normal? Was hoping to wake up headache free this morning, but not happening. I am a former sugar addict & don't know if this is part of the "withdrawals" or what, but its about to send me over the edge. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Maybe you can tell us about your foods before and give us some details about your foods now. Also, tell us what you are drinking.

I'd be interested in knowing if you are eating enough starchy veggies and drinking enough water.

I ate what I thought was semi-healthy, minus all the sugar --- that is, until I started reading ISFW. I had a good bit of dairy in my diet; lots of cheese, yogurt, skim milk. But sugar was definitely my go-to in every situation. From candy to chocolate to cakes, cookies, ice cream, etc. I felt like I needed something sweet to finish off my lunch & dinner. Serious addict. I am definitely drinking plenty of water. Actually that's all I drink besides coffee & the occasional unsweetened tea. What I'm eating now: breakfast consists of eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, cucumbers, onions (omelet style) with the occasional blueberries or blackberries & black coffee. Lunch has been usually a hamburger patty or chicken over spinach with peppers, onions & cucumbers, w/ a handful of cashews. Dinner I've tried to cook out of ISWF. Moroccan pork chops w/ homemade coleslaw, sweet potato with nearly every dinner, Brussel sprouts. Also had boiled shrimp, deconstructed taco, etc. I'm eating a good bit of sweet potato. Also eating a serving of fruit once or twice a day.

• Moderators

The withdrawal from sugar might explain some headaches. And maybe adjusting to cutting dairy because that can change the pressure in your sinuses a bit. Are you taking anything for your headaches? I take Tylenol when I get a headache and recommend you do too. Some people avoid over the counter meds during a Whole30, but there is no need to suffer. Take something. I find that headaches and diarrhea rarely just go away with me. I have to take something to break the cycle.

The headache has lightened up a bit since getting up & eating breakfast. If it gets any worse, I will take a Tylenol - haven't taken anything so far. Migraines do run in my family, but I'm not especially prone to them. Maybe 2 a year. Thanks for the advice!

Archived