Pinched nerve.. what to do for pain?

OTC pain meds are allowed. (I just saw a post by Tom Denham from a few days ago about them.) Take them if you need them.

At our house, we have also been trying any type of freshly boiled ginger or grated ginger as a pain killer along with even more potassium-rich foods for my husband's injury.

Feel better soon!

OTC pain meds are allowed. (I just saw a post by Tom Denham from a few days ago about them.) Take them if you need them.

At our house, we have also been trying any type of freshly boiled ginger or grated ginger as a pain killer along with even more potassium-rich foods for my husband's injury.

Feel better soon!

Great Thank you! I actually just bought some ginger. How do you prepare it? How much do you use?

We are using as much as we can in food. I think that goes by taste. Mine is frozen and I use a zester to grater it into meals and drinks. You can make ginger tea by grating it into hot water. I have some extra in ginger pu-erh right now. I also have ginger peach and pear ginger teas and I add extra.

If yours is not frozen, you could just slice a chunk and put it in boiling water.

If you've not tried it, think about arnica. It's a homeopathic pain remedy. I usually try that first then resort to ibuprofen if the pain is relentless! The arnica is usually all I need. The kind I take does have dextrose in it, but since it's a medicine, I think it's probably tolerated for W30. Correct me if I'm wrong. I guess I'm thinking that tiny amount of dextrose would be less damaging than NSAIDs. There are other homeopathic remedies for different kinds of pain you can buy online or in health food stores.

I've used a topical form of arnica when I pulled my quad a while back. I think the massaging the ointment in worked better than the arnica, but it did help. Might be a good alternative if you want to avoid ingesting the dextrose and stuff.

Archived