How are my meals so far?

Revived

Day 1 Breakfast: Sweet potato hash and 3 eggs and an apple

Lunch : chicken breast with salad olive oil and vinegar for dressing

Dinner: turkey meatballs with a sauce made of sauteed garlic and onions (olive oil), zucchini, carrot and tomato sauce, small serving of roasted sweet potatoes and i cant remember if i had some fruit or not. I think i had some tomato slices with salt and vinegar

Day 2 Breakfast: eggs baked in avocado and an apple

Lunch: casserole made with ground beef, butternut squash and left over tomato sauce. poured 5 eggs over it. had like 1/4 of a casserole dish worth

Dinner: chicken fajitas on "tostadas" made from plantains and coconut oil baked in the oven with tomato and avocado topping with watermelon

Day 3 Breakfast: scrambled eggs with spinach and zucchini served on top of plantain tostada spread with avocado

Lunch: same as yesterday

Dinner: same as yesterday with watermelon

Day 4 Breakfast: fresh vegetable juice(carrots, celery, spinach and kale) also made with 1 grapefruit and 1 apple but split between 2 people. Then blended with an avocado, spirulina and hemp protein powder. ( i know this wasn't the best choice but we were basically out of everything) small handful of almonds

Lunch: turkey burgers made with garlic and onion sauteed with olive oil with sweet potato fries cooked in coconut oil

Dinner: compliant ranch seasoned chicken(marinated with olive oil) with roasted carrots and zucchini (olive oil)and salad with olive oil and vinegar

I feel like I'm overdoing the oils but i don't know how to cook things without them. Also am i overdoing the starches?

I'm all about the healing but I also desperately want to lose weight. BUT I have a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old and a limited budget/ limited time for meal planning. I feel like trying to figure out if ive got more than a thumb worth of oil and how to cut back is too overwhelming - its about equal to counting calories for me so i dont want to obsess too much and end up too overwhelmed and quit. But I'm also so paranoid that I'm doing this wrong.

any thoughts?

I think you're doing great! Don't worry so much about the oils. Where people tend to get into trouble is when they eat more than a closed handful of nuts - way more. In a week or so, you'll probably know if you are getting enough.

A few notes: Eggs cooked in avocado is missing veggies...a plate full of them.

Also, juicing veggies, with fruits, is not ideal, and protein powder is not compliant. All you have to remember is to eat whole foods.

Finally, fruits are not something that have to happen. Many newbies (and others) limit fruits to once a day or even once a week. Before questioning starchy veggies and fats, I'd look there. Then, eat until you are satisfied and you stay full until your next meal. Follow the meal template and you should be fine.

ETA: How many eggs are you having? Enough eggs for breakfast would probably mean too much avocado. Make sure you get as many as you can hold in your hand (while in shells).

i had 2 eggs. 1 in each half. It doesn't matter because i didn't like it that much. So I won't be repeating it. I struggle with veggies in the morning but the eggs with spinach and zucchini from yesterday worked out well so i think I'll stick with that for awhile.

I knew the juice wasn't the best choice but like i said - there really wasnt anything else and some of my produce was going off and needed to be used quickly. I don't plan to make a habit of it though. I just didn't have any other option. For the record, hemp protein powder doesn't have another thing in it besides hemp. I don't see any difference between that and hemp nut seed which is compliant but frowned upon in my understanding. I'm not really concerned about that part because as I said it was a one off thing.

I'm more concerned about the oils and starches.

Fat is your friend. Do not worry about it. Better to err iron the side of too much fat in the early days as you transition from fueling yourself with sugar. Fat is what makes this work. You do not want to be skimping on fat.

Having a copy of the meal template taped to my fridge got me through my W30. I referred to it several times a day till I got the hang of it. One caveat: You do want to make sure you are using compliant fats (coconut oil, tallow, ghee are best for cooking). http://whole9life.co...ng-Template.pdf

Archived