Hi everybody! My first month on whole 30, I lose 14 lbs. I got down to 104 lbs. I felt like I looked unhealthy, so therefore, I decided that I wanted to start lifting heavy so that way I can gain weight again. At first, my skin was clearing up, and my hair looked a lot healthier. Trying to bulk, I decided to get most of my calories from sweet potatoes and bananas. My macros were at about 40%carb, 30%fat, 30% protein. This was going well for me, however, my acne came back and im losing quite a bit of hair! For others that are trying to gain, are u getting more fats or more carbs? The whole30 plate diagram makes it seem like the majority of your meals should consist of protein, healthy fats and low carb veggies. Should I follow this even though im trying to gain muscle? About how many grams of monounsatirated fats should I be getting? Do you eat a high carb such as sweet potatoes or bananas pre or postworkout? On average how many grams should someone as myself be getting? I think high carbs are no longer working for me. I have a feeling I have carb sensitivity. That or my hormones are messed up now from eating such high carbs and low fats. How do I fix this?? I want my skin to get better, and my hair to stop falling out. I also want to gain more muscle! I hope this all makes sense. Thank you!

• Moderators

We don't measure food or target macro ratios around here. That is how people become crazy and we don't do that here.

I suspect that you harmed your health by eating sweet potatoes and bananas to the exclusion of the many other foods your body needs. If you want to get healthy, eat a variety of meats and veggies with healthy fats in the amounts described in the Whole30 meal template: http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf Aim to sample a broad variety of what you can find in the produce department of your grocery store.

Archived