I never know what to put here.....

ThisGuy212

Greetings! I am yet another new convert to the Whole30 method, and am definitely loving it thus far! I'm 28 years old, have 1 wife, and 3 small kiddos -- I really have been wanting to get my health back in check before they're old enough to follow in my bad habits. Over the last 9 years, I've slowly put on about 80 unwanted pounds (read: FAT) - and have really been noticing it in the past 2 years or so as I've been doing some extremely hard things such as: tying my shoes.....walking up stairs......playing with my kids, trying to get up from the couch, etc.

I grew up very busy and active in sports and it really sucks to not be able to preform physically like I used to. I've always had sensitivities to dairy/gluten/sugar (duh) and really don't feel that great --- ever.

So! I'm currently on day 12 of my first ever Whole30 -- and obviously, I feel a hundred times better. Gone is the constant fog, borderline depression, inability to focus on simple tasks, and lack of energy.

I feel as though all of my senses have been turned up a few notches -- I notice more of the world around me now -- more has cleared up and come into focus, and it is so great. I feel lighter on my feet and even when I am tired, it feels different. Instead of always just being reminded of the aches, pains, tiredness, etc -- I now am noticing the energy, vitality and clear mind, with the other BAD things slowly fading back into nothingness.

Anyway -- I will try to post a few more times to report of my future progress -- I have enjoyed reading many of your updates and encouragements already, so if I can be an inspiration to just one person who is considering this way of life -- that would be awesome!

Until later,

Curtis

Curtis,

So great to see you here! Thanks for sharing your journey thus far. Keep us posted as to how your Whole30 is going, and I guarantee you'll inspire at least one person to take on the program for themselves.

For what it's worth, now that we have a baby, I'm all about the Whole30 to keep my energy levels up. I need to be able to keep up with him when he finally goes mobile!

Best,

Melissa

"I grew up very busy and active in sports and it really sucks to not be able to preform physically like I used to. I've always had sensitivities to dairy/gluten/sugar (duh) and really don't feel that great --- ever."

Boy, I could have written exactly THAT! In my case, add old bones/arthritis with too much weight... But, it's a new day!! :-)

Hope the week is going well for you!

Hi Curtis! 
I wish I had started when my 16 year old was little.  I have 1 husband (I laughed at your 1 wife comment. ;o)  4 children.  The younger ones haven't complained much, but the 16 year old is all about soda and junk food!  I'm trying to get him on track before sending him off into the real world!  Good luck on your journey, I'm on DAY 29 and will keep going - I LOVE the way I feel!  :o)

Trish

Thank-you for the responses and kind wishes.  I'm glad that part of how I'm feeling/have been feeling can resonate with others!

Just winding down on DAY 20 here, and still going strong.  I am easily going the 4-5 hour stretches between meals -- often even longer without even realizing that the time has passed.  Before Whole 30 (BFW30 :) I would always be justifying the time that had passed -- "it's been 2.5 hours, surely I must need more nourishment!!"  Then I'd eat something that wasn't nutritious at all, and just feel hungry again 2 hours later.

I'm very pleased with the way this is going, and with a few small tweaks here and there -- I can see myself staying more or less Whole 30 compliant for much longer that just 30 days.

Also -- its amazing how good the food is tasting!  I'm getting excited about the simple, basic foods that used to be a bit on the bland side -- scrambled eggs are now DELICIOUS - and if you start talking about adding some salsa and avocado to those eggs -- you better expect me to act like its Christmas morning.

My wife is doing it also - and the girl can cook.  Makes it very much easier with the readily available food, stocked fridge (we're definitely adding to Costco's bottom line this month), and the support of having my favorite person do this with me.

Until Later,

Curtis

My wife is doing it also - and the girl can cook.  Makes it very much easier with the readily available food, stocked fridge (we're definitely adding to Costco's bottom line this month), and the support of having my favorite person do this with me.

____

The above quote made me smile :)   So glad it's working out well for you.  Doesn't real food taste fantastic once the veil is lifted from your tastebuds?! 

Archived