Deficiency

I did a Whole 30 in the month of May.  I made it 20 days and then I got a violent stomach flu and it knocked me slightly off track for a few days, but I got back on and made it to day 26 or so. Then I got the stomach flu again!!! 

In June, I wanted to do a second round so I could successfully complete all 30 days, but I just can't get on track.  It almost feels like I have a deficiency of some sort. My skin is a mess, I feel really exhausted and I just can't make myself eat what I am supposed to like I could the first time. 

Any tips on a vitamin or something I might be lacking?

Unfortunately, in most cases, there's nothing essential (physically) missing. It's usually a drive/motivation/just can't get with it thing. Poor food choices are almost always a contributor to this (I know this first hand). There's a nasty little cycle that gets started and it's hard to fight your way out of. My advice to you is to take the pressure off. Don't fight with yourself about knocking out another W30. Commit to one W30 meal at a time until you're feeling well enough, mentally, to knock out 30 days in a row.

Archived