Starting Whole60 today! (6/5)

Ari.

I successfully completed my first Whole30 in May and after several guilt ridden posts about how off track I'd gone...here I am! I just finished school a couple of weeks ago and have been indulging food and sleep. The idea sounds great, but it made me feel awful.

I am moving, changing jobs and switching schools in August, so I have been extremely overwhelmed and decided that I needed to focus on all of that this summer and my next Whole30 would have to come later when I settled in. But I finally realized yesterday that my health should be the most important thing in my life. Changes are momentary but health is 24/7. Even during my first Whole30 I viewed it as a slight inconvenience against all of my other obligations. This time around, I am going to complete a Whole60 which will give me 30 days to focus on the physical and 30 days to focus on the mental. I need to find alternative coping methods which I didn't bother with the first time. I just ignored my emotions.

So I am not as prepared as I'd like to be to start today but I know I can make it work. Looking after our health should be unconditional right? Here I go!

Hello! I'm starting my Whole30 today, too, so perhaps we can be buds if you like.  :) Coping methods are so important to doing anything that stresses the mind or body. I used to view de-stressing activities as a luxury that I didn't really need, but now I'm thankful to be able to understand when my body is telling me something important and how to make it happy. I think of it as giving my body little Thank You gifts for being so awesome most of the time.  :P

Hi, I would love to be buddies! I have been through one Whole30 so I might be able to answer some questions that arise, and you might have some advice on stress relieving strategies! Either way, moral support is always a huge plus. Good luck to us both!! And congrats! 

I'm starting a Whole30 on Saturday the 8th, but have been thinking about extending it beyond to a whole 60 or *gasp* 90. I'm hauling my entire family along this time- 2 ten year olds and my husband. I'd love to have some moral support for the longer haul! Can I join you, Ari and Calanthe?

Hi Ari., I think I've commented on some of your other posts, and would love to jump on the health wagon with you guys. It seems we both battle with some Mental Dragons as well as Sugar Dragons, if nothing else we can commiserate with each other!

Hello!

May I join too? I totally relate to thinking about waiting until life is less stressful (I'm unemployed and anniversary of my mother's death coming up). But can't help thinking that these things are easier to cope with when I am feeling well! And I made it to day 15 on Monday when everything fell apart and seeing immediate consequences of going off in middle of the 30. Including increased stress and less energy!

Angela

Archived