Plane food success

I traveled from Newark to Zurich and then from Zurich to Bangkok and stayed W30 complaint! I pre-ordered a gluten free meal then just skipped the cheese, dessert, and roll they put on the tray. For the most part I wound up with grilled chicken and veggies. I can't vouch for the quality of the chicken but not bad given my limitations. 

Then, I landed in BKK and that night (tonight) I made the mistake of going to a vegetarian Indian restaurant. Last year this was my "go to" place. When I got there I realized it would be impossible to be W30 compliant. I did the best I could but ate a little bit of rice and naan. I have no idea at all what was in the food I ate. So, as much as I don't want to I am ending Day 14 with some problems and starting over tomorrow. I don't feel discouraged though. It will be OK. I am in Southeast Asia for 6 weeks though so if anyone out there has suggestions of what to eat while I am here, they are welcomed!

• Moderators

I would not worry about staying Whole30-compliant while away from home. Sure, eat the best foods you can find, but don't worry about cooking oils, a little dairy in sauces, etc. And eat meat and veggies as much as possible, but be sure to enjoy the culture and try local foods.

Archived