Starting tomorrow, June 17!

PaleoPlease

I'm starting my Whole30 tomorrow. I'll be receiving the daily emails. I want to get most of my detox symptoms while i'm still in school (another 9 days) so that i can enjoy my summer.

I roasted a whole chicken, and prepped a carrot and sweet potato soup today.

Here I go....again...this will be my successful attempt.

Anybody else starting tomorrow?

Yup!  I'm starting tomorrow.  I've had a few attempts before but never made it to the end.  I'm going to focus on each day this time and I'm going to make it to the end!

I'm getting the daily emails as well.  

Hi,

I recently completed a whole 45 and had a few days off, started another whole 30, fell off as I left the house in a rush, had some fruit and milk in my coffee so restarted again on the 16th. Today the 17th is day 2 for me and feels like natural eating now so hopefully my experiences can assist.

Feel so much better following the plan. Daily emails are great and full of heaps of great info.

Sue

Great to find you on here Suzy1.  I have reached a point where food is my number 1 go to in times of stress and I'm going through a very stressful period.  I realize that this is just exasperating the situation and I'm ready for a change.  My previous attempts at Whole 30 were great up until week 2 (week-end).  At that point I generally fall off the wagon and all bets are off.  I'm not going to let that happen this time, I'm taking every precaution to prevent it.  I think one of the big things for me is to remember its only 30 days.  I need to focus on each day as an individual challenge and get through it.  

One mantra that circulates in my brain around the time when I slip is "You only live once".  I don't want the life that I live to be riddled with health issues.  We have a chance to live each and every day, we only die once.  

Hope you have a successful day!

I started June 17th as well.

I eat in a fairly healthful way in general, but have got into trouble recently with the sugar dragon setting off some serious bingeing. I am hoping the Whole30 will stop cravings. I also want to stop thinking about food all the time. I really need to stay on track with this.

I am also getting the daily emails.

Heather, stay strong and soon you will be able to watch your emotions, be aware of them and control them and not resort to the comfort of food.

It is truly a wonderful feeling when that happens.

All good today, Day 3.

The benefits of the program so outweigh eating off plan,

Have a great day/night everybody.

Sue

I also started yesterday.  This is my 2nd attempt (tried a "Whole22" in April this year prior to a Vegas trip) :) .  I am looking forward to a good detox and have a few friends that successfully completed it last fall. 

I am training for a sprint triathlon in September and thought this would be a good jumpstart to my training.

My friends think I'm crazy for attempting this with summer on its way but I'm determined to prove to them that I can do it - even with BBQ gatherings, parties, baseball games, etc.

Day 2 is in the bag! No problem so far. I always feel better when I eat healthful food only.

The part in the day 2 email about self-efficacy is a good reminder. So instead of saying I really need to stay on track as I did above when I was mad at myself for eating too much crap, I now say I can do this and I will!!

Just woken up on the Start of day 3 today and I have woken up with spots!!! Eeek I never suffer from spots and have 2 shiners on my chin. I am guessing this is toxins coming out or something?

I am finding it difficult not to weigh myself as this normally is my motivation to stick to any plan.

How is everyone doing?

I contemplated weighing myself because I really want the feedback to feel like I am making progress... Especially since I feel like I have gained 5 lbs since having surgery six weeks ago. But I know the number will depress me and changes won't be accurately reflected by my "weight of the day/week" so I will have to manage without this.

Day1 didn't quite go as planned but overall it was a bit easier than I expected. Here's hoping tomorrow is 'a piece of cake' ... Or not LOL

Jo, drink lots of extra water!!!

Wx, well done and thanks for the reminder re the daily email

I started June 17 as well, so day 3 for me. Feeling a bit tired today and I bit cranky cause I'd love some chocolate or something distracting to get me through this tedious afternoon. I'm enjoying just noticing that these as the thoughts I'm having! I'm not hungry and I'm not really slumping like I do when eating grains and such...so I'm dead sure it's just habit/procrastination/boredom at play. The tired has probably more to do with not having a good nights sleep the last two nights, not sure exactly why.

Tonight I'm looking forward to compliant chicken sausages, mashed sweet potatos and fried onions. Whee!

Bed time now for the end I day 3 and I have been mixed today. I have stuck to the plan but had pressures of just have a sweetie they are not too bad and the girls wanted pasta for their dinner. I was fine though occupied myself making homemade meatballs in tomato and mushroom sauce. I also had a go at making paleo mayo. Not sure on that one yet will report tomorrow.

What I have noticed though and sorry if tmi but I am less windy, infant probably no wind of the bottom variety where previously I have suffered quite a lot :) .

Day 3 done! So far so good. Not getting on the scale or snacking are the hardest parts, but I have not done either. I've been eating enough at my meals, I guess, to hold me over to the next. No ill effects...feeling pretty positive,

Day 5 done. Feeling great probably due to this being an on going process.

Dinner tonight Nom Nom Paleo slow roasted chicken with gravy-so yum!!

Have a great one everybiidy, it does get easier

Sue

Day 2 finished! Less bloated but skin still inflamed. Happy that I've only had the six meals in two days, no extras. Eating at 7am, 1 pm and 7pm seems to really work for me as long as the meals are the right size/composition and don't have much fruit. Keep up the great effort everyone!

:( I'm so disappointed in myself.  When I got to work this morning, there was a surprise pancake breakfast.  I caved.   They weren't as good as I had imagined when I saw them.  The whole breakfast caught me offf guard   :((  I guess I will start my Whole 30 again tomorrow.  Next time, I will turn right around and walk out of the staff room!  It's almost summer break anyway.

Good job everyone!

I got off to a rough start and fell off the wagon right out of the gate.  Restarting today.  So far, so good.  I know that I really need this.  My big challenge is alcohol.  I'll be camping this week-end and that typically leads to eating and drinking pretty poorly.  I am finally starting to believe that I should be able to give anything up for 30 days and if I can't then that's a problem.  

I discovered David's Tea over the past few days and it's absolutely amazing!  I made pineapple oolong tea this morning and it will be my new favorite chilled beverage in place of wine or beer.  The best part is that I'll wake up without a hangover too  :) which will lead to more hiking and mountain biking.  I can do this!

Archived