Day 18, have a migraine :

Hi! This is my first W30 and I have had no cheats. Yesterday (day 17) was the first day I felt great- energy good, great workout - then today I'm tired, cranky, and have a migraine. I really thought id be on "the other side" by now. Can this be expected, this two steps forward, two steps back? Thanks !

• Moderators

We need more information. What are you eating? How much are you eating? How often are you eating? How much water are you drinking? How much are you sleeping and what is the quality of your sleep? Etc.

Hi! Yesterday for bfast I had 2 eggs with leftover kale, cabbage and mushrooms cooked in coconut oil. For lunch I had a salad mixed greens, red onion, mango, raspberries, 1/2 avocado, tomatoes, shrimp, and vinaigrette from W30 book. I was hungry mid afternoon so I had raspberries with some coconut butter. Dinner was leftover pork chop on cauliflower rice pilaf from "Well Fed". I had approx 48 oz h2o, and a plain iced decaf coffee. My sleep has definitely improve in terms of quality! I'm probably not getting enough, 7 hrs a nite. I should add today my headache is gone and I had a great workout this am. Did have an energy crash around 4pm but seasonal allergies are acting up today.

Thanks for any advice. I'm enjoying eating this way, and am committed to the 30 days. Just want to make sure I'm on the right track!

• Moderators

I think you need more protein at breakfast and lunch and probably at supper too. And more fat. And more water. The water recommendation is basically 1/2 to 1 ounce per pound of body weight per day. So 48 ounces of water would be the low end of the range if you weigh 96 pounds. Not drinking enough water could easily make you headachey, although I don't know that it would cause a migraine.

Archived