Day 14 and starting to doubt myself

redjasmin

Hi

This is my first post due to being a complete blonde! I couldn't understand why I couldn't post - er not logged in!

Anyway, I'm on day 14, and have to say Ive felt pretty great though the whole thing. The first week I experienced the carb-flu on day 2 and 3 but shook if off easily by going out for a walk, then I didn't get 'kill all things' or the need to nap? Tiger Blood kicked in on day 6, and I swear last weekend I could have climbed Everest!

This week though I've sort of stagnated? The Tiger blood from last week is more of a tabby cat and now I'm starting question everything. I visibly lost weight the first week - I've even had a few comments, so that has spurred me on - but now I'm starting to obsess, constantly wondering if I'm eating too much fat, not enough fat, too many calories, am I still losing weight - I'm driving myself mad! Is this normal behaviour? The first week I was so proud of myself for just loading my plate up and eating without questioning how many calories. I felt sure by the end of this I would have a better relationship with food a but now I'm not so sure?

After breezing through the first week or so I am struggling daily to avoid sweets.  As in I keep thinking about them even though I am not doubting the program. So I can relate to not feeling tiger-bloodish.  I can't speak for you of course but for me it took a long time to develop such an unhealthy relationship with food and so when I am frustrated I remind myself that this will take time.  And it will.  

I also remind myself that I have many times before started a healthy habit and felt great, then abandoned said habit, and I don;t want my Whole 30 to be just another example of quitting.   The 30 days is a nice time frame as it's long but not tooooo long.  Even if you abandon the whole thing on Day 31 it seems there would be some pride in finishing what you started.  Also, it sounds like you've done a fantastic job these first 14 days-- congrats!           

Redjasmin and Sunnymama, nearly everyone doing a W30 will have ups and downs, days where they question it or suddenly start craving things. As you say, our unhealthy relationships took a long time to establish, we're not going to get over them in a day or two. Stick with it, follow the meal template, try not to obsess over amountes of fat etc and forget all about calories. Concentrate on nourishing your bodies and try to enjoy the 30 days. Good luck

Archived