Snack ideas

Outside of my meals, I generally get hungry at around 3PM (read: right now). Fruit is super easy to have on hand in the office, but I am trying to keep away from it and a nuts (for weight loss purposes).

Do you snack? If so, what and when do you do it?

Snacks are hard for me too, I try to eat a big lunch but I still want a snack! Here are a few that I bring to work with me

• Baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, or other cut up veggies
  • Turkey slices
  • Kale chips
  • Homemade jerky - not as hard as you think :)
  • Almond butter and fruit
  • Tuna

I always try to cook veggies & protein in advance to eat throughout my day including:

• Baby carrots (use homemade guacamole as a dip)
  • Celery sticks with almond butter
  • Grilled chicken breast cut into a few pieces
  • Grilled asparagus
  • Almonds or macadamia nuts
  • Hard boiled eggs

I also get very busy so when I take the time to cook the night before, I prepare and cook enough food to cover at least two days of food in case I don't have the time to do it again the next night. I also portion out my hard boiled eggs, celery, carrots, nuts into individual baggies up to 5 days worth so I can just grab and go.

My current favorite is sliced avocado with peppered turkey wrapped around each avocado slice. I too am staying away from fruit/nuts so this is a great fat/protein option.

Also, consider snacks as "mini meals". You don't have to go out of your way to think of more food options, just make a little more of what you are already preparing (about half the size of a meal) and have that for snack.

Hope this helps!

I get hungry around 3 pm also. My favorite snack is a 3 oz. portion of meat cubes, something fatty like beef rib eye or pork belly. I also like small cans of salmon (I mix it with a little mustard) or sardines in tomato sauce, and it's nice to have the cans in my desk at work in case I don't have any meat in the fridge.

My current favorite is sliced avocado with peppered turkey wrapped around each avocado slice. I too am staying away from fruit/nuts so this is a great fat/protein option.

Also, consider snacks as "mini meals". You don't have to go out of your way to think of more food options, just make a little more of what you are already preparing (about half the size of a meal) and have that for snack.

Hope this helps!

Which Turkey do you buy? Finding something Whole30 compliant is tough for me - And I've looked! The labels will kill you...

Archived