Laura's log starting 7.10.12

Lalalana

Ann I'm right there with you on the post Whole30 dilemma! I know I'm not adding gluten back in, but I definitely want to try a little dairy (yogurt and cheese?), also possibly some white rice on occasion (read: sushi). I have also had my eye on these chicken sausages at Publix, they have sugar as an ingredient but no actual grams. I loaned my mom my copy of ISWF so I'm going to pick another one up tomorrow when I'm out.

Have you been struggling with cravings at all? Mine were awful today, wanted a Big Mac and some fries so badly! (ugh!!) Didn't cave and made some delicious dry rub burgers with sweet potato fries for dinner. My body image issues are rearing their ugly head though. I felt so fat all day, and every time I passed a mirror I kept reinforcing those thoughts! So much negativity! I was really hoping this Whole30 would help me get a grip on that...guess you can't fix crazy overnight! I know that my stress over my body image is actually making it harder for me to lose weight.

Today I ate:

Meal 1- 6:30 - 2 eggs fried in coconut oil, spinach, and coffee with coconut milk

Meal 2-11:00- 1/2 packet salmon on spin salad w/ tomato, carrots, roasted red pepper dressing

Meal 3- 3:00- other 1/2 salmon packet, leftover zucchini and onions

Meal/snack/crazy unbridled eating frenzy 4-4:30- prepping dinner and managed to inhale 2-3 handfuls of nuts, handful of cherries, handful of dried raisins...felt out of control and unable to stop myself from eating :(

Meal 5 - 7:00 - two dry rub hamburger patties, sweet potato fries, sautéed green beans

So all in all not a great day. I definitely overate late afternoon (not enough fat at lunchtime!) Also I went to the grocery store this afternoon and didn't have a list, so I ended up wandering. Bad idea, just seeing all of that food I couldnt have triggered such a strong response in me. I felt like an alcoholic in a package store! Did learn something though, I will try to only grocery shop in the morning time when I am well fed and my willpower is at its best.

As long as I'm learning, I'm growing. Progress is progress.

Funny you should ask, because in these last 26 days, I actually have not struggled a whole lot with cravings, until tonight. I think it's a combination of things -- I'm especially tired because I was up very late working the last two nights, plus I'm pretty sure I'm PMSing, plus I'm home alone watching TV and am basically bored, which makes me want to eat (or drink a bunch of wine). It's 10:11 now, and I'm going to call it an early night (early for a Saturday anyway), in part so I don't have to sit here thinking about whether buttered toast or ice cream might satisfy my itch. And also because I want to feel rested and strong and productive tomorrow :)

I totally sympathize with the home alone and bored thing! I did so much better Friday/Sat night when my hubby was home, but then he left this afternoon to go back to his internship, and my evening ended with two huge handfuls of dried cherries and raw nuts!! Agh!! This is last week away, and I am so very glad for that. I will have to continue to work on my emotional eating issues.

Sat food

Meal 1 - 8:00 am- sausage frittata, 1/4 avocado, handful cherries, 2-3 c coffee

Meal 2-1:00 pm- hotdog, sauerkraut, spin salad topped with EVOO and bv

Snack - 3:00 pm- handful nuts/coconut flakes/raisins

Meal 3- 7:30 pm- shrimp green curry

boot camp style workout (30 min)

Sun food

Meal 1- 7:30 am- homeade sausage, two fried eggs over spinach, coffee x2

20 min swim, 3 mile bike ride

Meal 2 - 1:00 pm - hotdog with sauerkraut and dollop of homeade mayo, spin salad with onion and hardboiled egg, bv, banana

Meal/snack 3- 4:30 pm- hardboiled egg, nuts, 1/2 c blueberries, dried cherries

Meal 4-7:30 pm- roast chicken leg, chicken skin(yum!!), broccoli, onion and zucchini roasted in coconut oil

Meal/snack 5- 10:30 pm- dried cherries and mixed nuts, natural calm

Definitely too much fruit/snacking going on here....going to have to stop buying nuts indefinitely, I just can't manage to stay out of that damn jar! Next Whole30 will def eliminate those things...on the bright side only 3 more days to go!

Day 28

Meal 1 - 6:30 am-sausage frittata with homeade mayo, spin on the side, coffee with coconut oil

Meal 2 - 11:15 am - leftover roast chix (wing and 1/4 breast) over spin salad, EVOO and lemon, navel orange

Mini meal 3 - 3:00 pm - hard boiled egg, herbal tea with coconut oil, plantain chips

Meal 4 - roast chix slaw (everyday paleo recipe), date balls (doh!!)

Well today was great...right up until I had to kill an hour and a half in Wal Mart late afternoon. I can definitely vouch for the fact that just looking at hyperpalateable foods can trigger a dopamine response in the brain. I left there with almond butter and dates, damnit. Stupid date balls. I know that paleo-fying desserts in a no-no. I also know that I got up from my binge/slothfest and cleaned my house, then did a crossfit mamas tabata workout. So I'm going to call it a day, and continue to learn from my mistakes. 4 more days until my hubby is home for good-woo hoo!!

Meal 1 : 6:30 - two eggs fried in coconut oil, homeade sausage (2 small patties), sauteed mushrooms and onions, black coffee

Meal 2 : 11:00 - leftover chicken slaw, small sweet potato w/cinn and coconut oil

Meal 3 : 3:30 - hard boiled egg w/homeade mayo, small sausage patty, leftover roasted veg (small serving)

20 min Crossfit mama WOD, 30 min walk (leisurely pace, couple sprints)

Meal 4 : 7:30 - seafood enchiladas (everyday paleo) bed of romaine, topped w/ half avocado, handful plantain chips, handful blueberries and natural calm around 9

My sugar demon is screaming at me! It's pms time around here, and I'm under quite a bit of stress at work and in my personal life..all I want to do right this very minute is eat!! Not going to cave, heading to bed.

Posting this a few days after the fact, but day 30 did finally arrive!

I ate:

Meal 1 - 6:30 sausage frittata, avocado, black coffee

Meal 2 - 12:00 - leftover chix slaw, EVOO, bed of spinach

Meal 3 - 3:30 - hardboiled egg, handful raw nuts, dried cherries

20 min swim, short walk

Meal 4 - 7:00 crockpot roast beef w/ sweet potatoes and onions

BAM! Whole 30 Done!!

Archived