cravings

Sorry, no gum substitution.  :( 

Find something else to do when you're tired: part of the Whole30 is creating new healthy habits.  If you can, take a nap.  If you need to stay awake, drink some water, tea, sparkling water, etc.  Walk around the block. Call a friend. Play your favorite dance tune and dance like there's no tomorrow!

EDIT: Also, think about posting your food log to date, and maybe folks here can give you feedback on possible tweaks that may help you with your energy?

Unfortunately no nap :-(

Day 1 (Monday)

Meal 1 - sweet potato hash, with 2 hb eggs, half grapefruit

Meal 2 - fresh salad with grilled chicken dressed in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, watermelon slices, and a cucumber

Meal 3 - cauliflower fried rice and char sui barbecue pork from well fed

Snack - olives and coconut flakes (at different times of day) and veggies with fresh salsa and sweet potato chips (baked)

Day 2 (Tuesday)

Meal 1 - 2 eggs fried in coconut oil, with sauteed pepper, onion, and spinach

Meal 2 - leftover char sui and fried cauliflower rice, among with some veggie sticks and olives

Meal 3 - fresh caught fish, salad, sauteed summer squash and zucchini

Post workout - 2hb eggs

Day 3

Meal 1 - sweet potato hash with ground turkey, and a fried egg in coconut oil

Meal 2 - leftover meal 3 from day 2, small piece of fish (about half my Palm) and half cup squash, I put half an avocado in small salad with some prosciutto, and had some veggie sticks.

Snack - olives and sliced peppers

Post workout - hb egg, melon

* I don't think I had enough protein with my meal 2, I had meant to grab a can of complaint tuna but forgot.

perhaps up your protein a little? a serve of eggs is as many as you can fit in to your hand - i can easily fit 3 jumbo eggs!!

also, if you're working out, you should be having a pre WO and post WO meal - fat/protein before, protein/carbs after. this will help with recovery and general energy levels.

Since the topic of pre/post-WO meals popped up...

Do we really NEED to eat pre-WO? Just now I'm leaving my office and going to the gym. I have some food for my pre workout meal/snack, but I'm not hungry at all. I'd have to force it down. Similarly, according to the guidelines we should have a full "bonus meal" post workout. But for me that would mean a full meal and then dinner an hour or so later (when I get home from the gym). Also, the mere thought of eating anything directly after my CF workout makes me want to die ;) Yesterday I ate a bit of sweet potato about an hour after I left the gym. I had some tuna with me, but I just couldn't have stomached it... What do you have for your workout-related snacks?

After my workout, I usually have some coconut water, a banana, a handful of sunflower seeds, and some prosciutto. I'm on Day 11, and the banana is a habit from pre-Whole 30. I usually work out in the evenings a few hours after I've had dinner, and leave the gym about an hour before I'm ready to hop in bed, so I try to keep it light.

Since the topic of pre/post-WO meals popped up...

Do we really NEED to eat pre-WO? Just now I'm leaving my office and going to the gym. I have some food for my pre workout meal/snack, but I'm not hungry at all. I'd have to force it down. Similarly, according to the guidelines we should have a full "bonus meal" post workout. But for me that would mean a full meal and then dinner an hour or so later (when I get home from the gym). Also, the mere thought of eating anything directly after my CF workout makes me want to die ;) Yesterday I ate a bit of sweet potato about an hour after I left the gym. I had some tuna with me, but I just couldn't have stomached it... What do you have for your workout-related snacks?

if our last meal was 2-3 of hours prior, we'll have a preWO - 1 or 2 HB eggs.

I didn't get the impression that postWO should be a full meal - it's a lean protein and a carb, I have about 1 serve protein, plus maybe a fist size of pumpkin/sweet potato. I grated the vegies, minced the chicken breast and squished it together with herbs and spices then baked it.

we normally work out in the afternoon/evening, eat the postWO immediately after training, then dinner is at least 1-1.5 hours later.  

the postWO helps with recovery, and if you're trying to gain some muscle it'll assist with that too.

Archived