Start July 12...I think

curtis5

I am hoping that joining this group and reading post each day will help me along. I was introduced to this lifestyle by a neighbor. I am always up for a challenge in regards to exercise, but have never really pushed myself related to food. At the first of the year, I made the choice to stop eating processed carbohydrates, sweets, and to add in a healthy protein to each meal. I was shocked that I was able to reduce carbohydrates. Immediately I noticed the reduction in bloating and was able to drop 5-8 pounds.  I was feeling 'lean and mean'. I have been very disappointed with myself ever since spring break vacation. At that point I started to 'cheat' a little bit each evening with snacking.  Ever since then, I find myself able to be really good for 2-3 days, then have a small cheat for 2 days, and continue on being good.  I feel that every morning I tell myself today is the day, but then by 7-8 pm I will cheat.  I am going to work really hard on making through 3 days...I look forward to the encouragement from reading other posts.  So, is snacking on food during the day really out of the question??

• Moderators

This is a comprehensive program. We ask you to eat three substantial meals per day - protein, fat, and veggies. Adjusting to three meals a day can take a while for some people. Between meals, you can eat more food if you are hungry, but we encourage you to eat a mini-meal of protein, fat, and veggies. You should not eat just some fruit or just some veggies to fill your stomach. We want you to get balanced nutrition every time you eat. Personally, I think it is best to eat 4 meals per day if you find that you get hungry between meals while eating three times per day.

The best way to increase your likelihood of success is to become familiar with these two documents by reading through both of them several times...

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/5-the-official-whole30%C2%AE-program/

http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

Before starting the whole 30, I was eating 5-6 meals a day - I simply didn't allow myself to consider snacking acceptable when I started on 3 meals a day for the whole 30 program!

I made sure that my meals had lots of protein and fats to keep me full, as well as lots of veggies and I was able to last between meals. The first day or so I noticed some hunger, but was able to hold out until my next meal. I've noticed that I'm not feeling the hunger so think my body is adapting, even after a couple of days :) I also made sure to drink plenty of water in between meals, and have coffee with coconut oil occasionally too...

Good luck!

Archived