Whole360 My year long journey to a healthier life!

Vanniek71

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, there! I just found you. I only read page 1 and page 17 of your log, but I'm impressed with your tenacity in sticking with this. I'm on Day 8 of my first ever W30. Good luck to you in your next 129! Way to go!

Thank you so much!

And good luck with your challenge! Let me know if you ever have any questions I will help out however I can!

Day 237 - Saturday March 15th

Info: Had some friends over and watched the UFC fight, was a pretty good fight card, and for those of you that know who I am talking about Johny "Bigg Rigg" Hendricks got the title he deserved tonight! Robbie Lawler put up a heck of a battle, and was ever gracious in defeat (as good competitiors should be) but Hendricks edged him out. Good fight card, lots of entertaining battles. Although for $54.95 they sure are proud of those events!

I also stayed up to watch the beginning of the F1 season, (race was in Australia so it started at 11:30pm MST)  and all I can say is holy cow what an eventful race! Fun to watch for sure!

The friends that came over are Paleo too, so it worked out perfectly! I made some Paleo party food (Buffalo chicken thighs, Onion/Dill OOM for veggie dip, and Paleo slaw)

JBH.jpg

Congrats Johny!!!!

Food Log:

Breakfast: Holland pie, 2 TBS almond butter

Lunch: Jerk chicken salad with romaine, kalamata olives, OOM and hot sauce.

Dinner:  Buffalo chicken thighs (ghee and red hot for sauce), Paleo slaw, various veggies from the veggie tray (celery. cucumber, red pepper) and OOM veggie dip.

Snack: none

Exercise Log:  none

DAY 237 COMPLETE

Day 238 - Sunday March 16th

Info: Ok guys its time again for another giveaway from Whole360. This book was donated by the same person that shared the Holland Pie with me! It's another good Paleo book, which actually gets more in to the athlete side of Paleo eating! Giveaway starts today, you can register to win by going here:  Win "Paleo Diet for Athletes" here!!

The contest opens today, and I will randomly select a winner when the blog reaches 13,000 total views! We are close, so get your friends to come visit and bump those view .... and possibly win a book!

Paleo+Diet+for+Athletes.JPG

Food Log:

Breakfast: Holland pie, 14 almonds, dried organic apple chips

Lunch: Taco salad with seasoned ground beef, Paleo slaw instead of lettuce, and hot sauce

Dinner:  Taco salad with iceberg, seasned ground beef, black olives, hot sauce, and salsa.

Exercise Log:  Walked a few miles while Geocaching.

DAY 238 COMPLETE

Day 239 - Monday March 17th

Info:  Finished writing a plan for a pretty intensive dry fire program (shooting pistols without ammunition) so I am ready to go for the season, which is quickly approaching! My goals for this year are to win at least 2 IDPA state titles in my division, and to win my division in the Rocky Mountain 300 USPSA match. So I need to get at it and make sure I don't make any more silly mistakes like last season (2 mistakes cost me 2 State wins)!

Don't forget to enter to win a free book, its simple and well, its free!  Click the book image below to go to the entry page. (Also this book isn't just for athletes, has a lot of recipes in it for all of us!)

Paleo+Diet+for+Athletes.JPG

Click to enter to win me!!!

Food Log:

Breakfast: Holland pie, 2 TBS almond butter

Lunch: Jerk chicken, romaine salad with kalamata olives, and 1 cup of organic frozen dark cherries.

Dinner:  Jerk chicken mixed with paleo slaw and hot sauce, kale chips, and 1/2 cup of organic frozen dark cherries

Exercise Log:  Stretching, and dry fire pistol practice.

DAY 239 COMPLETE

Day 240 - Monday March 18th

Info: Kicked out some more Kale Chips today, bulk style so they hopefully will stick around longer than 10 minutes this time....I don't know though, I think I have eaten half of them already lol! I need to find a bulk source of kale and just keep the oven rocking....... Good thing they are quick and easy to make, and super healthy for you!

Looking back so far, can't believe it's day 240 already. I remember when I started this, it seemed like it was going to be so hard to stick to and that I had no chance of doing this (all we know is what we have learned in the past right? And my past was filled with dietary fails), now I am 40lbs lighter, a hell of a lot healthier and super motivated to continue on! Even though life keeps messing with me (job, sore back, sore ankle) nothing has deterred me so far. Part of it is because I made that DECISION to change, and to accept nothing less, I decided to stop being lazy and making excuses and face the music so to speak. The other part is everyone that has stopped by to read this, offer support, ask questions etc. I can truly say without putting this out there for all to see, and you guys reading this, commenting, etc I would have failed. Even just a quick page read shows that someone out there is watching, and that makes all the difference in the world. Thank you all, I truly appreciate it!

Don't forget to enter to win a free book, its simple and well, its free!  Click here to go to the entry page. (Also this book isn't just for athletes, has a lot of recipes in it for all of us!)

photo%287%29.JPG

Awaiting their turn to become glorious.....Kale chips in the making.  

Food Log:

Breakfast: Last of the Holland pie (time to make more!), Paleo slaw, and of course hot sauce.

Lunch: Last of the jerk chicken mixed with Paleo slaw, and of course more hot sauce... and 3/4 cup of organic frozen dark cherries.

Dinner:  Last of the seasoned ground beef, mixed with Paleo slaw, 1 TBS of almond butter, and do I need to even say it? Hot sauce.

Exercise Log:  Dry fire pistol practice, 100 pushups, 100 air squats, stretching

DAY 240 COMPLETE

Day 241 - Wednesday March 19th

Info: Well I had this post all ready to go, and then something happened and it never got posted. Blogger is starting to wear on my patience! I think Whole360 may be migrating over to Wordpress soon, which means more options. Guess I can complain since Blogger is free, and it got me started right?

Today was a cook as I went day since I ran out of everything yesterday. More bulk cooking tomorrow!

Don't forget to enter to win a free book, its simple and well, its free!  Click here to go to the entry page. (Also this book isn't just for athletes, has a lot of recipes in it for all of us!)

Food Log:

photo%289%29.JPG

Taco salad was abundant today!

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, red peppers, mushrooms, kalamata olives with a dab of OOM

Lunch: Seasoned ground beef taco salad with OOM and hot sauce dressing, 3/4 cup organic frozen dark cherries

Dinner:  Seasoned ground beef taco salad with OOM and hot sauce dressing

Exercise Log:  Dry fire pistol practice

DAY 241 COMPLETE

Day 242 - Thursday March 20th

Info: Ok got some butchering, bulk cooking, and other stuff done today! Looked in the mirror to check on my ab progress, and 6 of them were starting to peek out...that's like a landmark world record for me LOL. If you haven't checked out the contest, make sure you do, $25 cash and a book are up for grabs! And it all revolves around you guessing what my current body fat % is!

photo+2%282%29.JPG

Turned a $20 uncut loin in to $60 worth of roasts and loin chops!

Don't forget to enter to win $25 CASH, and a free book. Its simple and well, its free!  Click here to go to the entry page.All you have to do is guess my BF% and you could put some dough (gluten free of course) in your pocket!

Food Log:

photo+1%25284%2529.JPG

Breakfast: Buffalo chicken thigh, cauliflower, broccoli, and kalamata olives

Lunch: Buffalo chicken thighs and broccoli. 14 almonds for fat.

Dinner:  Buffalo chicken salad with romaine, chicken thighs, OOM, hot sauce, and kalamata olives.

Exercise Log:  Dry fire practice.....this is getting intense now lol, hands are battered and bleeding!

DAY 242 COMPLETE

I've got this in the success story area as well, but wanted to post this in here for those of you that read along with this.

i'm down 40lbs thus far and couldn't have done it without this forum or the Whole30!

Guys, wanted to post this here since the Whole30 has been a huge part of me changing my life...I've got a contest on my blog and I'm giving away $25 and a free book. Open to everyone, especially the Whole30 community!

All you have to do is take a guess at my Body Fat %. Closest wins!

http://whole360.blogspot.com/2014/03/new-contest-enter-to-win.html

• 2 weeks later...

Day 243 - Friday March 21st

Info: Ahhh got lazy over the weekend and didn't keep up with the blog, will get all the posts updated over the next day or so!

Don't forget to enter to win $25 CASH, and a free book. Its simple and well, its free!  Click here to go to the entry page. All you have to do is guess my BF% and you could put some dough (gluten free of course) in your pocket!

Food Log:

photo+2%284%29.JPG

BJ's Brewery makes a MEAN approved meal!

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, sausage, and asparagus.

Lunch: Buffalo chicken thighs and asparagus, 12 olives for fat

Dinner:  Blackened chicken breast with pan charred Brussels sprouts ( I am addicted to pan charred Brussels sprouts right now!)

Exercise Log:  More dry fire!

DAY 243 COMPLETE

Day 244 - Saturday March 22nd

Info: Saturday started out sunny and went south really fast, ended up snowing and nasty. Anyone else ready for winter to be over? I know I am!

Don't forget to enter to win $25 CASH, and a free book. Its simple and well, its free!  Click here to go to the entry page. All you have to do is guess my BF% and you could put some dough (gluten free of course) in your pocket!

Food Log:

photo+1%285%29.JPG

Not a traditional breakfast but delicious none the less!

Breakfast: Buffalo chicken thighs and asparagus, 12 olives for fat

Lunch: Buffalo chicken salad with OOM, kalamata olives and romaine lettuce.

Dinner:  Blackened chicken thighs and charred 
Brussels sprouts

Exercise Log:  none.

DAY 244 COMPLETE

Day 245 - Sunday March 23rd

Info: Who's seen the Lego movie? Went and checked that out today and have to say I was surprised! It turned out to be a pretty cool movie! Also stopped in and got our grub on at YardHouse while we were in the area. For those of you that don't know YardHouse is what brought me to Colorado, I worked for the Flagship store in Long Beach CA and decided to move out here to Colorado to help open the newest location! Still like stopping in there from time to time, even though they are owned by Darden now (Red Lobster, Olive Garden etc). Ok well enough of a history lesson, on with the show!

Food Log:

photo+3%284%29.JPG

Take note of the high class dishware...

Breakfast: none - woke up late, and lunch turned in to both meals

Lunch: Thai chicken salad - broccoli, cabbage, sprouts, cilantro, and chicken tossed with Gluten free noodles. (these may have not been Whole30 approved, I didn't drill in to it, but they were Gluten free.)

Dinner:  Blackened chicken and charred Brussels sprouts. Liked this so much yesterday I made my own at home!

Exercise Log: Dryfire practice, only 15 minutes today, my hands are sore lol'

DAY 245 COMPLETE

Day 246 - Monday March 24th

Info: Got my steak and Holland pie on today. Regular and blackened for my tasting pleasure! LOL

Charred Brussels sprout recipe coming soon too...these are too awesome not to share!

Don't forget to enter to win $25 CASH, and a free book. Its simple and well, its free!  Click here to go to the entry page. All you have to do is guess my BF% and you could put some dough (gluten free of course) in your pocket! Contest ends 3/29/14.

Food Log:

photo+4%283%29.JPG

Caveman meal right here...mmmmhmmm

Breakfast: none - woke up late, and lunch turned in to both meals

Lunch: Chicken thighs, asparagus and copious amounts of hot sauce, 12 kalamata olives

Dinner:  Blackened steak and charred Brussels sprouts. It was so good with chicken I subbed in steak....and it was glorious!

Exercise Log: Dryfire practice, only 15 minutes today, my hands are sore lol

DAY 246 COMPLETE

Day 247 - Tuesday March 25th

Info: Got all the pictures ready for the Brussels sprouts recipe, so that will be coming at you guys here in the next day or so, keep an eye out for it, you will want to try it!

Realized I didn't get any other pictures today, so I will leave you with a few quotes I found the other day that I 100% can get behind.....

photo%2810%29.JPG                          

No one is going to just give it to you....

photo%2811%29.JPG                    

Are you going backwards? Make a decision and look ahead!

Don't forget to enter to win $25 CASH, and a free book. Its simple and well, its free!  Click here to go to the entry page. All you have to do is guess my BF% and you could put some dough (gluten free of course) in your pocket! Contest ends 3/29/14.

Food Log:

Breakfast: Holland pie (newest version is asparagus, yellow squash, celery, onion, and black olive)

Lunch: Blackened steak, asparagus and 12 black olives for fat

Dinner:  Faux-chos - with steak, onion, iceberg, and fresh home made salsa

Exercise Log: Dryfire practice, 30 minutes.

DAY 247 COMPLETE

Day 248 - Wednesday March 26th

Info: Busy busy lately, sorry for the delay on the updates, will get you all caught up, and try to stay current. It's hard sometimes, blogging daily is a lot of work!

But what was that I said yesterday? Oh yeah....

photo%2810%29.JPG

Guess I can't have an excuse then other than I was being lazy. Damn busted myself.

Don't forget to enter to win $25 CASH, and a free book. Its simple and well, its free!  Click here to go to the entry page. All you have to do is guess my BF% and you could put some dough (gluten free of course) in your pocket! Contest has been extended (I don't think the BF test I got done was accurate, so I am going to get retested. So get your guesses in!)

Food Log:

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs, steamed broccoli, 14 almonds for fat.

Lunch: Steak, and broccoli stir fried with coconut oil and coconut aminos.

Dinner:  Fuzzy's taco shredded chicken salad, which consists of mixed greens lettuce and shredded chicken. I add avocado, and about 5 containers of habanero hot sauce. P.S. if you live anywhere near Arvada Colorado (there are other locations too) you HAVE to check out Fuzzy's Taco if you haven't already!

DAY 248 COMPLETE

Day 249 - Thursday March 27th

Info: Today is kind of a barebones day. no pictures or anything remotely neat like that. One of those lets get this over with type days LOL

Don't forget to enter to win $25 CASH, and a free book. Its simple and well, its free!  Click here to go to the entry page. All you have to do is guess my BF% and you could put some dough (gluten free of course) in your pocket! Contest has been extended (I don't think the BF test I got done was accurate, so I am going to get retested. So get your guesses in!)

Food Log:

Breakfast: Holland pie (yellow squash, zucchini, celery, onion and black olives), sauteed cauliflower (in coconut oil)

Lunch: Steak, and broccoli stir fried with coconut oil and coconut aminos. I added chili paste this time to spice it up a bit.

Dinner:  Steak, broccoli sauteed in coconut oil drizzled with coconut aminos.

Exercise: 45 minutes of dryfire practice, specifically working reloads and sight alignment.

DAY 249 COMPLETE

Day 250 - Friday March 28th

Info: Today I ate a stoplight.

photo%2812%29.JPG

Told you I ate a stoplight!

Food Log:

Breakfast: Steak, yellow squash, zucchini, and red pepper sauteed with coconut oil and drizzled with coconut aminos. (I call this meal the stoplight....see above pic)

Lunch: Finished off the Holland pie for lunch. Time to make another!

Dinner:  Seasoned ground beef taco salad with iceberg lettuce and black olives. And of course hot sauce.

Exercise: none.

DAY 250 COMPLETE

Day 251 - Saturday March 29th

Info: So I thought it would be a good idea to go play some hockey, its been months and months and I was like screw it I'll be able to push through the sore back and be fine.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA yeah right. First off 5-6 Junior A/College players showed up, so I knew I was in for a beating, and then the back topped it all off. Trying to go down to block shots was painful each and every time, and flaring my legs out to make saves was even worse. Needless to day I haven't had a spanking like that since I very first started playing goalie. Lesson learned I guess. #1 don't take 4 months off, and #2 don't try to power through a sore back lol.

(Good news is its the next morning, and my back is feeling really good!)

Kris+in+Net.png

Picture of me playing last night......well that's what it felt like at least!

Food Log:

Breakfast: Paleo enchiladas (no cheese, no flour etc) Just coconut wrap, enchilada sauce (sugar free) onions, and green chile. Topped with black olives and hot sauce.

Lunch: Grilled chicken thighs with grilled yellow squash and zucchini.

Dinner:  More Paleo enchiladas.

Exercise:  1 1/2 hours of Tabata style hockey...I was beat at the end, which is sad because I used to play at a much higher level than this. Being lazy for 10 years has really SUCKED! The plus is I got a really good workout in LOL.

DAY 251 COMPLETE

Day 252 - Sunday March 30th

Info: So back when I was growing up in Michigan we had this burger chain called Hot N Now. The cool thing about Hot N Now was on tuesdays you could get 3 burgers for $.99!!! But they had a secret weapon too, one of the most delicious burgers ever at a fast food place. It was called the double olive burger, it was coated with green olives, mayo and cheese. Delicious, addicting, and horrible for you. I decided I had to have one of those double olive burgers again, so I Paleo'd it. Tasted really close to the real thing, except for probably 100 times better for me!

photo+3.PNG

Here she is, the artery choker...Double Olive burger! But ohhhhh so tasty!

Food Log:

photo+1%25286%2529.JPG

My version of the double olive burger.

Breakfast: Steak and scrambled eggs with yellow squash and zucchini

Lunch: Steak salad with iceberg, OOM and hot sauce dressing, topped with kalamata olives.

Dinner:  Double olive burger salad - green olives, black olives, kalamata olives (Well I guess mine is a triple olive burger!) Olive oil mayo, lettuce and mustard.

Exercise: none

DAY 252 COMPLETE

Day 253 - Monday March 31st

Info: That olive burger was so good yesterday I did another version today, this time closer to the original with just green olives, but I added some Clausen pickles too!

And the back that felt better the other day? Yeah no go. Looking for an eStim machine, as that worked to fix it the last time. So if anyone has an Empi 300PV laying around, let me know I am looking to buy one!

Food Log:

photo+4%285%29.JPG

2nd version, complete with paper plate!

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, broccoli,  organic apple chips and 2 TBS of almond butter.

Lunch: Taco salad with seasoned ground beef, black olives, OOM and hot sauce.

Dinner:  Double olive burger salad - with green olives Olive oil mayo, lettuce and mustard.

Exercise: Dryfire practice

DAY 253 COMPLETE

Day 254 - Tuesday April 1st

Info: I had planned on an April fools joke today, but I couldn't really come up with anything exciting, plus you guys would have likely figured me out anyways. I did make a boo boo for dinner today though, and I am paying for it now.

Food Log:

big+mac.jpg

Breakfast: Paleo taco salad with seasoned beef, black olives, OOM and hot sauce

Lunch: Olive burger salad with green olives, pickles, OOM and mustard

Dinner:  McDonald's Bic mac meal, and 20 chicken nuggets with a coke and fries. I figured screw it, and those olive burgers put me over the edge the last few days. Chalk this one up to an "oops" Boy do I feel like garbage now!

APRIL FOOLS MY FRIENDS!!!! (What I really ate was a taco salad with ground beef, OOM black olives, romaine and hot sauce on it)

Exercise: Tilled the garden, raked and cleaned up the yard, tilled and graded part of my back yard so it wasn't like a giant slope, and Dryfire practice.

DAY 254 COMPLETE

Day 255 - Wednesday April 2nd

Info: Today was my daughters 9th birthday!! Happy Birthday Raegan, can't believe you are 9 already! She got a little something so we can have some serious daddy daughter time this summer!

photo%2813%29.JPG

Happy Birthday!!!

Food Log:

Breakfast: Paleo scramble, 3 eggs, sauteed zucchini (in clarified butter), and green olives.

Lunch: Taco salad with seasoned ground beef, iceberg, black olives, hot sauce and OOM.

Dinner:  Salad with iceberg, romaine, carrots, onion, cabbage, black olives, mushrooms, peppers, and egg. Olive oil and red wine vinegar for dressing.

DAY 255 COMPLETE

Day 256 - Thursday April 3rd

Info: Well here I am again behind on the updates. Sometimes time flies so fast! The good news is plenty of Whole360 comin at ya!

Food Log:

photo.JPG

Breakfast: Paleo scramble, 3 eggs, yellow squash sauteed butter, black olives and hot sauce

Lunch: Taco salad with seasoned ground beef, iceberg, black olives, hot sauce and OOM.

Dinner:  Salad with iceberg, chicken thighs, green olives, and OOM/Salsa mix for dressing

DAY 256 COMPLETE

Day 257 - Friday April 4th

Info: Trying to integrate workouts back in to my routine so that I can get some better results as far as transformations. I am still down around 195lbs, but the definition I was showing has kind of softened due to no exercise. With my back being silly still I have been just taking it easy, but the natives are restless so I am going to force myself to do something daily. It wont be much to start, but at least I can build on it.

Lego-man-working-out-550x366.jpg

Build on it.....Lego man... See what I did there?

Food Log:

Breakfast: Paleo scramble, 3 eggs, zucchini sauteed in butter, black olives and hot sauce

Lunch: Chicken salad with carrots, celery, and almonds. olive Oil/Balsamic dressing

Dinner:  Salad with iceberg, chicken thighs, green olives, black olives and OOM/Salsa mix for dressing

Exercise:25 pushups, 25 air squats, stretching.

DAY 257 COMPLETE

Archived