Whole360 My year long journey to a healthier life!

Vanniek71

Day 214 - Thursday February 20th   

Info: Sorry no pics of food or anything that exciting today, so to make up for it, I got another pic of my midsection for you....the abs are creeping out more and more to play!!!! It's coming along which is good, I'm just mad that my stupid back keeps having reoccurring issues, I would be so much further along if I could work out how I wanted to! Roll with the punches as they say I guess!

photo+1%2820%29.JPG

Frickin selfie again...come on really?

Food Log:

Breakfast: Holland pie - new version has; carrots, celery, onions, mushrooms, black olives, and ground beef.

Lunch:  Holland Pie - same as above..LOVE this stuff!!! Frozen cherries and mango (1 cup total)

Dinner: Taco salad with seasoned ground beef, black olives, and OOM/hot sauce dressing. Apple chips, was wanting a little fruit.

Snack: none

Exercise Log: Man still sore, but did some stretching to try and alleviate some of that soreness!

DAY 214 COMPLETE

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 215 - Friday February 21st

Info: My last Holland Pie was so good I ate it all already. So I had to make another! Recipe for that will be up later today, I've finally got the pictures I want for that project! Keep an eye out for it, you will love it for sure! This pie I made totally vegetarian (sorry not vegan, its got eggs) for the heck of it, and honestly its just as good as all the others!

photo%2810%29.JPG That's a lot of veggies! That's what she said! Wait what???

Food Log:

Breakfast: Holland Pie of course! 14 almonds for fat

Lunch:  Taco salad with iceberg, seasoned ground beef, black olives, onion, salsa, OOM and hot sauce.

Dinner:  Chicken and vegetable soup, 2 TBS of almond butter fot fat, 1 cup of frozen fruit (tart cherries and blueberries)

Exercise Log: Almost ready to get back at some minor workout stuff, little sore but acceptable now!

DAY 215 COMPLETE

Day 216 - Saturday February 22nd

Info: Sorry for the delays on the last few days all, My computer was having some issues of not wanting to turn on for some reason.....I took it out and blew the internals out with compressed air, and lo and behold it started working again! I think maybe I need to do that more than once every 6 months, I think a dust storm had left its remnants inside my computer!

Food Log:

photo%2811%29.JPG It may look like Alpo, but it tastes like Heaven!

Breakfast: Holland Pie, 14 almonds for fat, Fruit leather (dried fruit)

Lunch:  Taco salad with seasoned ground beef, iceberg, black olives, salsa, hot sauce and OOM

Dinner: Mexican seasoned steak with cauliflower mashed faux-tatoes, pistachios for fat

Exercise Log: Finally recovering enough that I can work out again lol, now I just need to stick with it so I don't keep getting so sore!

DAY 216 COMPLETE

Day 217 - Sunday February 23rd

Info: Getting back in to the swing of things, these posts will be coming fast and furious today as I get caught up. I also have that Holland Pie recipe dropping today that I promised! Picked up some supplies for those Paleo-tillas today too, will be finalizing that recipe int he next few days!

Food Log:

photo%2812%29.JPG

Lunch AND Dinner!

Breakfast: Steak with cauliflower mashed, added some clarified butter for fat (1TBS)

Lunch:  Steak, Paleo slaw, hot sauce and frozen cherries.

Dinner: Steak, Paleo slaw, hot sauce and14 almonds.

Exercise Log: none

DAY 217 COMPLETE

Day 218 - Monday February 24th

Info: Well, no pics of anything today, daughter's throat was really swollen, so had to take her to the doctor and then pick up a prescription for her. Poor kid, 1st she has a pumpkin seed lodged in her lung, and now this. Doctor said mild ear infection, and tried to check for strep, but Theren freaked out, so even though the test was negative, she gave her an anti-biotic that can help with both....here's to her getting healthy soon!

photo%2813%29.JPG

Theren with her Valentine's present!

Food Log:

Breakfast: Steak with cauliflower mashed, added some clarified butter for fat (1TBS)

Lunch:  Steak, Paleo slaw, hot sauce and frozen cherries.

Dinner: Steak, Paleo slaw, hot sauce and14 almonds.

DAY 218 COMPLETE

Day 219 - Tuesday February 25th

Info: Today was a sad day, I had to mourn the loss of my wand blender. I was using it with the food processor attachment and apparently she didn't like that. So with a puff of smoke, and a blast of heat, she ceased existence. I guess mixing just got a whole lot more Paleo as well.......

I also was doing some experimenting, and  kind of lucked in to the most delicious jerk chicken I have had in a long loooooong time! The best part about it, was it happened right in my kitchen. I loved it so much, I am thawing about 6lbs of chicken to make some more. It was THAT good! Its 100% Paleo, added sugar free and all that too! Can't wait to make some more of it, and then share the recipe with you guys!

shopping.jpg

Don't buy me because I will die in less than a year! SADFACE

Food Log:

photo+3%2820%29.JPG J

erk Chicken pocket

Breakfast: 3 eggs scrambledwith broccoli, 14 almonds for fat.

Lunch:  Steak, paleo slaw, and side salad with iceberg, carrots, and celery.

Dinner: Jamaican Jerk Chicken pockets (plantains, jerk chicken, coconut oil, and spices....soooo delicious!)

DAY 219 COMPLETE

Day 220 - Wednesday February 26th

Info: I was so excited to wake up and eat today, because I got to eat more of that delicious jerk chicken I accidentally made last night! Woohooo!! Also found what I would almost equate to a dream job for me! Friend sent me a link on it, and man would that job be awesome! Turns out I'm qualified for it too! Thanks for the link!!! Now everyone pray for me, or do what you do to bring some good karma my way !!!

Food Log:

photo+5%284%29.JPG

So delish! I need to make more ASAP!

Breakfast: Jamaican Jerk Chicken pockets .

Lunch:  Jamaican Jerk Chicken pockets. (yeah they are so good I can't stop eating them!)

Dinner: Jamaican Jerk Chicken pockets with salad, guacamole, and habanero hot sauce.

Snack: Frozen cherries and pineapple right after dinner

DAY 220 COMPLETE

Day 221 - Thursday February 27th

Info: Well I guess I made it through another year....you guys are stuck with me for a while longer HA HA, I turned another year older today, so:

keep-calm-and-happy-birthday-to-me-32.pn KCCO my friends!

Food Log:

Breakfast: Holland pie with habanero sauce, 14 almonds for fat

Lunch: Kind of a busy day, and I got caught out running errands and missed lunch! I had some almonds and a fruit leather when I finally got home.

Dinner: Chicken fajita salad with extra extra extra habanero hot sauce!

Snack: none

DAY 221COMPLETE

Day 222 - Friday February 28th

Info: Fun day today, picked up an old, and I mean OLD 1800's flintlock rifle in a trade, kinda cool to see a really old school firearm like that, Then from there Theren (my youngest daughter) and I went to the park to get our play on. After running around for an hour or so, (it was nice during the afternoon today) I pulled out the Iphone and got on Geocaching.com to see what was in the area. If you don't know what Geocaching is, oh boy let me enlighten you - basically people hide little things to find (Geocaches) and give you a GPS location and a hint. Then you have to find the hidden item. it could be large, small, in plain view, hidden very cleverly etc. Point is, its all hidden right under muggles noses (that's what we call people that don't know about Geocaching) and your challenge is to find it without getting caught! Usually there is a log inside that you sign with the date and your Geocaching user name, then you place it back for someone else to find! We found a trackable yesterday which is an item with a serial number that people place in Geocaches, and it makes its way around the world. The one we found has traveled over 19,000 miles, and originated in British Columbia Canada. Pretty cool if you ask me. Plus if you know anything about me I am literally INFATUATED with finding treasure, so Geocaching is like crack to me! LOL. Anyways on with the rest of the show, just wanted to share Geocaching with you guys, it's mostly free to do (if you want a membership for premium features its only $30 a year...my cheapest hobby by far.....) and its a lot of fun. Check it out, or post your questions below, and lets go 'Caching!!! Oh yeah if you already are a Geocacher, leave a comment with your name below or your favorite caches and share the fun!

photo+1.JPG

Geo coin we found today!

Food Log:

photo+2.JPG

Jerk Chicken wonderful is what I like to call this.

Breakfast: Holland pie with habanero sauce, 2 TBS almond butter

Lunch: Holland pie with habanero sauce, iceberg, carrot, and cabbage salad with OOM dressing.

Dinner:  Jerk chicken salad with OOM/salsa/hotsauce dressing. Iceberg, cabbage, carrot mix for the veggies.

Exercise Log: 25 pushups, and stretching for my back (which by the way doesn't hurt as bad, I just get twinges here and there now instead of constant pain)

DAY 222 COMPLETE

Day 223 - Saturday March 1st

Info: Had planned on some more geocaching today, but the good old weather decided to be cold and to snow on us again. Anyone else sick of winter yet? I'm excited for spring too, because that means farmers markets, fresh fruits and produce, and a lot more available organic foods to eat!!

Crud I almost forgot, as of today we are over 10,000 page views!!!! I've got another contest coming for free stuff when we hit 15,000....how fast can we get there???

Food Log:

photo.JPG

Jerk Chicken guacamole salad!

Lunch: Jerk chicken salad with OOM/salsa/hotsauce dressing.

Dinner:  Jerk chicken salad with guacamole Got a little crazy this time and used romaine lettuce!

Exercise Log: 100 pushups, stretching, and 3 minutes of planks.

DAY 223 COMPLETE

Day 224 - Sunday March 2nd

Info: Arrrgh playing catch up again, been crazy busy with school and all that good stuff, Sorry will try to get caught up over the next day or so. No pictures even for today....bad Whole360 BAD!!!

Food Log:

Lunch: Jerk chicken salad with OOM/salsa/hotsauce dressing.

Dinner:  Jerk chicken salad with black olives, sala and habanero sauce.

DAY 224 COMPLETE

Day 225 - Monday March 3rd

Info: Well good news today, I was able to secure some income, so I don't have to be stressed about that, and I actually have some time to find a decent job now!! I have been applying all over, and even to some jobs in Michigan.....yeah it might be getting to be that time that I head back that way as much as I hate to admit it. Plus I LOVE Colorado, going to be hard, but family has had some health problems, and it kind of puts stuff in to perspective when loved ones are sick. We will see how it pans out, but it is a very real possibility.

SouthHaven-Sunset-Culley.jpg

I may be seeing you again soon my old friend......... - South Haven MI pier

Food Log:

Breakfast: Holland pie, 14 almonds, and of course a boatload of hot sauce

Lunch: Holland pie, 2 TBS of Almond butter, and some organic dried apple chips

Dinner:  Dinner got crazy... I made Jerk chicken salad but...wait for it, I added red salsa, green tomatillo salsa, black olives, and Franks red hot! Look out for that one LOL

Exercise Log: 100 pushups, 6 minutes of planks, stretching

DAY 225 COMPLETE

Day 226 - Tuesday March 4th

Info: Gathering info for taxes.....sucks. Really all I need to say on how today is going.....

keep-calm-and-survive-tax-season-1.png

Here's to hoping we all get big refunds!

Food Log:

Breakfast: Holland pie, 1/4 cup of pistachios for fat.

Lunch: Paleo Burger - 4oz patty wrapped in lettuce with pickle, mustard, and OOM, side salad with OOM/hot sauce dressing

Dinner:  Hamburger salad - 4 cups of lettuce, 4oz burger patty, diced Clausen pickle, diced onion, diced black olive, OOM, and mustard.

Exercise Log: 100 pushups, 6 minutes of planks, stretching

DAY 226 COMPLETE

Day 227 - Wednesday March 5th

Info: Usually I report days when I do some bulk cooking, but I decided to switch it up today and report that today was a day of bulk running out of things.....Man i ran out of everything today....Guess it's time to fire up the Whole360 kitchen and get after it! Oh I also made some Kale chips today....holy cow these were good! (I've never had Kale before, I just bought it to make myself try it somehow) I'll post the quick and easy recipe shortly for you...try them they are AWESOME!

Kale+chips.jpg

Betcha can't eat just one!!! (Even kids love them!)

Food Log:

Breakfast: Holland pie, 2 TBS of almond butter for fat (Sadly my last Holland pie...gotta make a new one!)

Lunch: Hamburger salad - 3 cups of lettuce, 4oz burger patty, diced Clausen pickle, diced onion, diced black olive, OOM, and mustard. (Last of OOM too, dang it!)

Dinner:  Jerk Chicken salad with romaine and iceberg (last of lettuce too...sheesh!) 14 almonds for fat.

DAY 227 COMPLETE

Day 228 - Thursday March 6th

Info: Went out to eat dinner tonight, and the restaurant had a shrimp skewer over rice...which I of course changed to veggies and a salad. Was pretty small, but ended up being the perfect amount of food along with a mixed greens salad. Its funny to me how maybe, and I stress MAYBE 2 cups of lettuce with some veggies mixed in can cost $4.00.....Oh the convenience of eating out...

Food Log:

photo%281%29.JPG

Sunnyside Wildfire!

Breakfast: 2 4oz burger patties covered with eggs, with hot sauce and 14 almonds. Lets call it Sunnyside wildfire from now on shall we?

Lunch: Paleo Jerk chicken, green beans, and 1 TBS of almond butter with 15 pistachios mixed in.

Dinner:  2 shrimp skewers (8 shrimp) over a bed of broccoli, green beans, zucchini, yellow squash, and a mixed green salad with balsamic vinegar. 14 almonds for fat.

Exercise Log: 100 pushups, various stretches for lingering back issue.

DAY 228 COMPLETE

Day 229 - Friday March 7th

Info: Got on the food makin' wagon this morning and got some essentials banged out. New Holland Pie in the fridge, as well as a new batch of Olive Oil Mayo. Came up with a list of groceries I need....this bill isn't going to be pretty...It's a full page and I am adding stuff as I come across it. I will say that is one nice thing about Holland pie; Whatever you have laying around goes perfectly in it, and helps keep your waste down. No more rotting veggies for me, they quickly find themselves in a Holland pie! Also have 6lbs of chicken thawing to make some various creations out of....can't wait!

Food Log:

photo%282%29.JPG

The Holland "Brick" has arrived!

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, a few celery sticks, some left over cucumber, and 2 TBS of almond butter.

Lunch: Holland pie - this version has onion, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, and cilantro. Total
damages to make this one (1) large onion, (1) head of celery, (1) head of cauliflower, (1) lb of broccoli, (1) large bunch of cilantro, and (24) eggs. (15 cups of veggies ended up in this bad boy!) It is more like a Holland "brick" but its packed with veggies and protein!

Dinner:  Mixed greens salad with red roasted pepper, sun dried tomato, onion, artichoke, avocado and blacken chicken breast. Pistachios for fat, and some dried organic apple chips.

Exercise Log: 50 pushups (I know it's not much, but I'm scared to get back in to CrossFit until my back stops hurting, and unfortunately I keep feeling twinges ALL the time) and stretching.

DAY 229 COMPLETE

Day 230 - Saturday March 8th

Info: Today was an "easy" day as far as food goes, I ate Holland pie for every meal, cleaning up my basement and trying to make it in to a man den takes time, so it was fast an easy food. Heck half the time I didn't even heat the Holland Pie, I dabbed a TBS of OOM on it, habanero hot sauce, and wolfed it down cold!!

Tomorrow is supposed to be really nice, and there is a USPSA shooting match close to home, guess what I'm gonna do!!! Excited, it's been a while since I shot a match! If there are any shooters in Boulder...USPSA every 2nd Sunday of the month...... And it's cool I've never been to this range, I like checking out new ranges!

brc-welcome-club-960-add.png

Sounds like a nice place to shoot to me.....

Food Log:

Breakfast: Holland pie - this version has onion, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, and cilantro. Total
damages to make this one (1) large onion, (1) head of celery, (1) head of cauliflower, (1) lb of broccoli, (1) large bunch of cilantro, and (24) eggs. (15 cups of veggies ended up in this bad boy!) It is more like a Holland "brick" but its packed with veggies and protein! Topped with a dab of OOM

Lunch: Holland Pie, with OOM, and some frozen blueberries

Dinner:  Holland Pie, with OOM and habanero salsa. 1TBS of Almond butter with 14 almonds mixed together for fat (its like crunchy almond butter!)

Exercise Log:  Was looking at a police fitness test and it said something about being able to do 26 pushups in a minute, and I predicted I could easily top that... turns out I can do 48 pushups in a minute. Look to revisit this one later so I can break 50 in a minute.

DAY 230 COMPLETE

Day 231 - Sunday March 9th

Info: What a beautiful day for a match, Sunny, no wind and 70-75 made for a perfect day to shoot! I took 5th which isn't horrible, but I was running around on a sore ankle so that's my excuse LOL. After the match went out and found a bunch of Geocaches near Standley Lake and had some fun with the kiddos

photo%283%29.JPG

A little fun by the lake while we were out "treasure hunting"

Food Log:

Breakfast: Holland pie, 14 almonds and hot sauce

Lunch: Holland Pie, organic apple chips, and a handful of almonds for fat.

Dinner:  I made romaine lettuce and turkey breast boats/rollups (6 of them)  - 1 leaf of romaine, turkey breast, and mustard and some OOM.

Exercise Log:  Spent 930a-130p on the range, and then went Geocaching, walked roughly 3 miles while searching for treasures!

DAY 231 COMPLETE

Day 232 - Monday March 10th

Info: A few days ago I was sharing that I was running out of everything, well today I made a trip to help with a large resupply! 80lbs of chicken, 12lbs of ground beef, 12lbs of pork tenderloin, 6lbs of sugar free salami, 2 gallon jars of olives, 1 gallon of Franks Red Hot, 1 gallon of salsa, and a few bags of cabbage and lettuce later I can say the foundation is solid again! The best part about it all (Remember the "Is it expensive to eat healthy" article?) was the price. I got all of that for $265! For some that sounds like a lot of money, and it is, but lets just consider the meat for calculation purposes... I got 100lbs of meat, divide that by $265 and that's an average price of $2.41 a pound and that's not even including all the other stuff I got! (Just found the receipt, average price of the meats was $2.14 a lb) Moral of the story is if you shop in bulk, and look for sales, eating healthy can be pretty inexpensive.

photo+1%282%29.JPG

Great savings in bulk!

photo+3%281%29.JPG

This is nice too!

Food Log:

photo+5%281%29.JPG

Hamburger salad goodness!

Breakfast: Last piece of Holland Pie with a dab of OOM.

Lunch: Dolmas made with cauliflower rice.

Dinner:  Hamburger salad with kalamata olives, OOM, and mustard, with a side of cauliflower rice dolmas.

Exercise Log:  none

DAY 232 COMPLETE

Day 233 - Tuesday March 11th

Info: Today was bulk cooking and repackaging day. I made the mistake of freezing the case of chicken whole last time....not fun to try and work with. So the breasts and thighs got portioned in to 5lb freezer backs, the ground beef I split in half, 6lbs in the freezer and 6lbs of seasoned ground beef to eat. Still have to cut the pork loin in to roasts and chops, which I will have to do tomorrow. Repackaging 92lbs of really cold meat is not all that fun, and my hands are icicles! I also cooked 6lbs of chicken breast, made it in to Jerk chicken again to use for various items.

photo%284%29.JPG

My freezer is now well stocked!

Food Log:

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, cauliflower dolmas, pineapple, 14 almonds for fat.

Lunch: Smoked oysters on a romaine salad, cauliflower dolmas, OOM and hot sauce.

Dinner:  Baked Paleo chicken nuggets (Chicken breast, egg, almond meal) with OOM for dipping sauce, cauliflower dolmas, and pineapple.

DAY 233 COMPLETE

Day 234 - Wednesday March 12th

Info: Got chosen by a research company to do a survey it was 45 minutes, and I got $100 check on the way, always a nice little supplement to money here and there. I work with 4 research companies, and some of the studies are really cool (One time I got paid to drink scotch and tell them what I thought.....this was pre Whole360 though of course) its always good money, and usually pretty short in duration. The longest study group I've been part of was 2 hours, but I was paid $250!!!! The "regular" job search continues, I have a few prospects, but nothing yet that I would really want to hang my hat on. I will keep you all posted!

phdfindajob.jpg

Food Log:

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, cauliflower dolmas, pineapple, 6 olives for fat.

Lunch: Seasoned ground beef and cauliflower dolmas, 6 olives for fat.

Dinner:  Found out an old boss of mine, and friend as well started his own restaurant so we went to check it out. I had 1 koobideh (minced meat, parlsey and onions) kabob, as well as 1 joojeh (chicken) and 1 shishleek (steak) kabob, and a large green salad with a lemon/olive oil/parsley dressing. I've never eaten traditional Persian food (Iranian specifically) but I really liked it! Plus they use all natural meats, and anything without the bread in it is gluten free.... my kind of place! I was too busy inhaling it to get a picture....but I will remember next time!

DAY 234 COMPLETE

Day 235 - Thursday March 13th

Info: Did I mention the F1 season starts this weekend? Cause if not, I just wanted to let you all know that he F1 season starts this weekend!!! Welcome to a new exciting era of the best racing on the planet!!! Can't wait!

start1_kore_2010.jpg

Can Vettel win 5 championships in a row? How will the V6 turbo cars do? Lots excitement to come!!!!

OK now on to the foodstuffs and transformation!

I did an estimate on my body fat % using several measurements etc, and it came out to be 29%. Now I'm no doctor, but I am pretty sure you can't see your abs with 29% body fat. I have a voucher to get a bod pod test done, so I really need to get in to check it out, because I KNOW (at least I feel like I know) that I am under 29% body fat now.

Food Log:

photo%285%29.JPG

Nice for a completely last minute meal!

Breakfast: Holland pie, 6 kalamata olives, and some organic apple chips.

Lunch: Jerk chicken salad (romaine) with OOM and hot sauce dressing.

Dinner:  Made a giant pile of sauteed mushrooms, added a little ground beef, a TBS of OOM and hot sauce, mixed it all up, and it tasted wonderfully like stroganoff! Added some coconut oil charred Brussels sprouts along with it.

DAY 235 COMPLETE

Day 236 - Friday March 14th

Info: Getting restless not working out, the back thing comes and goes, so I am just going to work around it. I would be so much further ahead now without the issues I've had with it. I wont let it keep me from achieving my goals though, I just need to get creative and work around it!

Food Log:

photo%286%29.JPG

I'm on a boat and it's going fast and.....

Breakfast: Holland pie, 14 almonds for fat.

Lunch: Sugar free salami romaine boats with mustard and OOM

Dinner:  Taco salad with iceberg lettuce, seasoned ground beef, salsa, kalamata olives, OOM/hout sauce dressing.

Exercise Log:  100 pushups, 3 minutes of planks, 50 air squats - I'm getting restless, I am going to start CrossFit WOD's again and just avoid the stuff that makes my back hurt, I need to get the workouts rolling! I will program the workouts without a lot of overhead movements and see how it goes.  

DAY 236 COMPLETE

Archived