Metabolism worries

Hello everyone! I'm on Day 17 and going strong! Before Whole30 I was essentially a carb addict, and I ate a few snacks in addition to my three meals, so I was eating every 3 hours usually. Since starting Whole30 I find that I'm just not hungry. Sometimes I have no desire to eat at all. I'm eating enough at meals (certainly not overeating- I think my serving sizes are smaller than before Whole30), but it just doesn't seem possible that I'm eating enough to satiate me for so long. Sometimes I have to tell myself to eat if it's been five hours, because I'll be going into a meeting or something like that where I won't be able to eat for a few hours. I'm just worried about slowing down my metabolism, since it was used to being constantly revved (I also exercise almost daily). I've been trying to listen to my body, so I feel that if I'm not hungry, I just don't need to force feed myself. I know it would be more harmful if I WERE hungry and not eating, but I still worry I'm somehow slowing my metabolism. Any thoughts on this? Should I just stop worrying and trust that my body knows what it wants? Thank you!

You aren't hungry because you are nourishing your body with healthy proteins and vegetables and your body doesn't need to be fed again. When you ate all those carbs, your body needed to be fed more often because you burned them up so quickly! Protein and healthy fats satisfy you longer. Your body knows what it's doing!

Archived